Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:29 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:28 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!

Photo
- - - - -

Ie 7 Beta Pics! Pics of the upcoming Internet Explorer 7

13 replies to this topic

#1 pomjim

pomjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:28 AM

Here is a link to some 20 screenshots of the new IE 7 browser for those interested.

Personally I generally use Opera, but will doubtless give this new IE one a tryout when it's released.

Edited by HTML_Guru, 25 October 2005 - 03:59 AM.

#2 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • myCENTs:10.76

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:49 AM

Posted Image

Could that possibly look any more like Firefox?

#3 szupie

szupie

S.P.A.M.S.W.A.T.

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

Could that possibly look any more like Firefox?

View Post

Yes, if they switch the toolbars to the correct place. :)
Why did they switch their locations just because of some adware toolbars? I think they should have just looked for a way to fix the problem, not work around it.

Oh, and also: What is that little midget tab next to the Google tab? It's on the top left side of the home button. Is that a bug?

#4 speedy

speedy

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:13 PM

So atlast the tabbed browsing is supported now, thats great. I thing that it would surely give a good competition to FIREFOX now. The sucurity must have improved.
I wont try it until the final version is released (still in beta stage).
If someone has used it then please tell if it is better than FIREFOX and OPERA. Till then I am happy with version 6 . I personally dont feel that IE6 is bad either as everything has both sides (the good and the bad) .

#5 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hahaha.. right said saxsux :) I so wish that the Firefox group sues them for it :) If only they could...

Szupie - it wouldn't take much to place the toolbars in the right place - a simple drag & drop should suffice. Also I think that midget tab is a placeholder for any new tab that you might open. Some sort of a BLANK tab with no page title.

#6 cmatcmextra

cmatcmextra

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:http://trap17.com/forums/?showuser=3709

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

IE7 still doesn't have ad-blocking then. Still one thing to pull users to firefox aswell as the ways which you can speed the browser up. Lol, I wonder how long it will be before a security hole is found in ie7 final :)

szupie, I think that poorly-designed button is a new tab button

#7 ebbinger_413

ebbinger_413

Administrator [level 69]

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

a friend of mine is taking a networking class in the city....the class gives him a free msdn account and he has access to all the software the school has....one of which is the vista beta 1 :) he just downloaded it a couple days ago and burned it to a dvd. i installed it on my p4 2.8ghz and it ran supprisingly great....but the point is that it came with ie 7 beta....when installing it says loading file ie7beta..... that spured my interest....i am not, however, exactly sure that it is actually ie 7 because it doesnt seem to me that they would put it in vista...but w/e...maybe they did and maybe they didnt...

does anyone else know this ?

#8 szupie

szupie

S.P.A.M.S.W.A.T.

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

ebbinger_413: They (the microsoft people) said they were going to include IE 7 in the Vista, so I think that having IE 7 in your vista beta wouldn't be impossible. You could tell IE 7 from any other versions easily though, since it has the tabs function.

microscopic^earthling: No, I meant the toolbars were in the wrong place vertically. See how the File, Edit, View, ... menu isn't at the top? I don't think you can change that in IE 7. But I don't know, I don't have an account to download it.

And about that midget tab thing... I don't think that would be a blank page, since it's so tiny and unlike a tab. And I don't think that is a button either, since it's so... empty and "undesigned". If one of you is right, and that is a blank tab/a new tab button, then the Microsoft designers suck.

#9 cmatcmextra

cmatcmextra

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:http://trap17.com/forums/?showuser=3709

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

microscopic^earthling: No, I meant the toolbars were in the wrong place vertically. See how the File, Edit, View, ... menu isn't at the top? I don't think you can change that in IE 7. But I don't know, I don't have an account to download it.

LOL, I think they're trina make it look as different from firefox as possible.

I have a question to anyone who has a copy of ie7 and that is, does than funny pink window occur everytime you load GooGle.com or other search engines? It looks like something that is built into the ie7 not google source code because the pink window goes into the scrollbar and the "links bar".

#10 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

View Post

I think you CAN - remember IE6 ?? Apparently you coundn't move the toolbars there either - but if you right-click on the toolbar, in the context menu, you'd come upon an option titled Lock the Toolbars. If you unchecked this, you can drag and drop the toolbars anywhere you like and then lock them again to fix them permanently.

I don't think they'll take this feature off in IE7 - coz these toolbars aren't really the old toolbars. Rather they're what is known as CoolBars - a development component you'd come across quite frequently, if you use Visual Studio. Coolbar's are the old toolbar replacements with Drag & Drop capability and FLAT-style icons. That's what makes them so cool :) I don't think MS would go back to the old fixed toolbars and give up on the drag & drop functionality of the coolbars... after all this allows you to place your bars anywhere on the screen you like - and MS is rather well-known for incorporating such flashy gizmos in their softwares (rather than working on the "better functionality" part)

So there.. :)

#11 szupie

szupie

S.P.A.M.S.W.A.T.

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

Ohhh... Well, maybe you can move the toolbars... Heh, it seems like no one in this forum has IE7. We have all these questions but no one can really answer them.

#12 plot

plot

Premium Member

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

im using IE 7 beta 1 and i think its pretty cool right at the moment and definetly better then firefox with this release, but opera takes the care because its freeware now :)

#13 adaml

adaml

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

i dont actually like it as it looks the same,it will be no where near as firefox nor opera

firefox-the fastest browser,really safe and blocks most of the pop ups
opera-really quick too and really great as it blocks all the pop ups and has a built in p2p torrent engine which works but not as good as torrent programs

#14 FirefoxRocks

FirefoxRocks

• [HOSTED]
  • 988 posts
  • myCENTs:92.36

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:44 PM

IE7 has more security holes than Firefox-based software.

Firefox and Opera are faster than IE almost all of the time. Opera is a tad faster than Firefox at certain times, Safari is still reasonably fast. Of course all the Firefox derivatives (Flock, Netscape, etc) are the same.

I'm using Firefox 3 beta right now and it is working quite good.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users