Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo

Trap17.net : Ad Supported Free Web Hosting! Introducing Trap17.net

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OpaQue

OpaQue

Administrator

• Admin
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

Introducing Trap17.net! Ad supported Free Web Hosting!

Xisto Corporation is proud to announce new member in its Web Hosting family, Trap17.net. Trap17.com and Trap17.net will be diffrent from each other.

Ever since we started Trap17.com, We were observing our traffic and saw Quite a large population of people returning back from main page which clearly expressed they were looking out for hosting without spending time as well as money. Well, Trap17.net will be launched targetted especially for this group.

Every account will have a banner Ad on top and text link at the bottom. And to save server resources and handle any unexpected no. of signups, Email will be disabled. Owing to the fact that, only a small no. of people actually use emails like username@site.trap17.com. And with pop services being provided free like major companies like Gmail, Its no use keeping it running and wasting precious space and bandwidth.

On the other hand, Trap17.com will continue providing its ADVANCED free web hosting service without banners for its community members.

Trap17.NET Server Details :-
  • Name : BETA
  • P4 2800 Mhz
  • 1024 MB RAM
  • 120 GB HDD
  • 100 mbps Connectivity
PHP Info can be obtained here : http://www.trap17.net/info.php

Sincerely,

The Management Team.
Xisto Corporation.

#2 twitch

twitch

Veteran Nut

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:11 AM

I think this is a step in the right direction for Xisto. As you pointed out, the new service is perfect for those who want a good free webhost without spending time nor money. Also, by releaving of the e-mails, you allow for more resources. I am a little confused on the Disk Space though. If Xisto are offering 333Mb of space, eventually that will add up and consume the present HD, making it slower, less responsive and may even cause errors, if someone uploads a virus (accidental) to their account. Or am I wrong, and the space you provide is virtual?

Anyway, I believe this will go down very well and you may find yourself in the top-spot of all the respectable free-web-host directories/guides.

--mik

#3 spacewaste

spacewaste

Premium Member

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Very nice, however where will the banner be placed? Too our choice? Or what?

Also, would astahost users be allowed to use a trapt17.net account aswell?

I'd like to continue modding, but also have a .net account, so I'd like to know a thing or two about this :).

#4 OpaQue

OpaQue

Administrator

• Admin
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:57 PM

Well, Basically even If I said, no for existing members to signup for an account, I wonder how many of you are really going to follow it.. hehe.

Banners will be placed on TOP. And a tinytext link at the bottom.

#5 twitch

twitch

Veteran Nut

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:21 AM

Is the banner just a GoogleAD, or is it advertising trap17.net? I am pondering to sign-up, as I don't know if I can have multiple accounts here at astahost.

#6 spacewaste

spacewaste

Premium Member

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

Could you give us a example site so I can see how the banner looks? :).

#7 Martijn

Martijn

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:45 AM

What does the banner look like?
[note=HTML_Guru, concerning your post]You're fine there, Martijin; I'm just cleaning up your grammer a bit. If you're from the U.S., I really don't want to see unnecessary grammer mistakes; if you're of a foreign country, just attempt to polish your grammer. I'll leave it at that for now...[/note]

Edited by HTML_Guru, 17 October 2005 - 12:35 AM.

#8 Cube Domain

Cube Domain

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Biking, skating, drinking your rum, other cool stuff, gaming, writing, being like Bender...

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

Hey OpaQue, if I were you, I'd use a different name besides trap17. People like variety, using a different name would look better. That's just my opinion though.

I have a question about trap17.net hosting. Do you have to post in forums for your account? Just wanted to know (I'm not planning to leave Astahost, don't get me wrong).

Oh yeah, and another thing. I think it would be nicer if you made an option for paid hosting in Astahost. I mean just in case there are times when you don't have the time to post (ex. school, college, etc.) and if the 150 Megs don't suit you. Sure, we do have a ComputingHost for that but some people just like Astahost, and the added option of posting. Just my thoughts though.

#9 OpaQue

OpaQue

Administrator

• Admin
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:37 AM

Astahost Members can purchase credits. They have to send a mail to _sales_@_astahost_._com_

#10 szupie

szupie

S.P.A.M.S.W.A.T.

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:31 AM

Could you give us a example site so I can see how the banner looks? :).

View Post

Yeah, can you give us an example site? Maybe you can just put Trap17's home page on a sample trap17.net account, so you wouldn't have to do much work on creating a page. Unless creating an account takes more work... Then I'll just wait until someone signs up and see what their pages look like.

#11 ruben

ruben

Wheeeeeeee!

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Friends, Music, Writing (Journalism), Writing websites for the sake of releasing an idea not for the sake of coding.

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

Can one use these pages as simple download accounts?
Just saying, cos this is quite tempting, hehe ^^ I got my stupid space, so I'm not seriously considering it, but pls just tell me what speaks against it?

#12 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • myCENTs:10.76

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

I just signed up for an account to see what it's like. There isn't cPanel for some reason, you get a simpler version called "xpanel" or something. It doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment, I tried to create a basic HTML file, to see how it would display with ads, and it didn't work.

When I tried to save it, I got this.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, server@xisto.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Server at www.trap17.net Port 80

I couldn't delete my account either, I just got a message saying "Unknown Command".

The link on Trap17.net that points to http://www.trap17.net/index-2.html, is wrong - index-2.html doesn't exist.

Doesn't Trap17.com and Astahost already allow you to put adverts on your site instead of posting? Opaque made a thread about it - http://www.astahost....rule-t1180.html
And there's this page about it, with the codes on Trap17.com - http://www.trap17.com/adcodes.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users