1. Take any graphic you want; the simpler, the better.
2. Go to the Layers tab, right click, and choose Duplicate Layer
(You'll get a message asking what you want to name the layer and where you want it. Just press OK to go with the default.)
3. Go to the Image Section in the top area, select Adjustments, then Desaturate.
4. You now have two choices- Background and Background Copy...click on Background to go back to that layer.
5. Once back on the background picture, (which you'll know because the picture changes from black and white back to color), go to the Image Section, select Adjustments again, then Hue/Saturate.
6. Now, you can choose any kind of color you want, but to make it easier to see how it'll look, you need to click on the Colorize button on the Hue/Saturation tool box.
(As you can see, the specifications I put in put the saturation as deep red.)
7. Click back to the Background Copy section, and erase as much or as little as you want to show off this color...I erased enough to emphasize the red lips.
Voila! Finished Product: