Edited by microscopic^earthling, 29 August 2005 - 01:40 AM.
Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!
How To Speed Up My Downloads?
Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:53 PM
Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:57 PM
For Linux I have yet to find a similar thing. I normally use KGet (KDE downloader) and wget (console based downloader) They dont speed up any thing , but are reliable
Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:28 AM
Hope this helped
Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:40 PM
Hope that helps you out .
Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:39 PM
Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:54 AM
Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:48 AM
1. Keep only one active downloads. Since this reduces the strain on your network.
2. Enable segment spitting. i.e. downloading by parts
3. If there are mirrors present then enter them and check the server speeds. Use the fastest one. Usually speeds such as 120 % are shown in Free Download Manager, if the servers are free.
4. Use HTTP mode it available
5. Make your Download Manager recognize you as some thing else other than a browser or download managers name, usually busy servers limit browser and download managers speed.
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users