Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

The Sco Group Failed To Produce Any Evidence That Linux contained copyrighted Unix codes

1 reply to this topic

#1 jedipi

jedipi

Premium Member

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:Active hobby: Out door activities, Linux, web programming<br />Interests: Clasic music, reading

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

The e-mail, which was sent to SCO Group CEO Darl McBride by a senior vice president at the company, forwards on an e-mail from a SCO engineer. In the Aug. 13, 2002, e-mail, engineer Michael Davidson said "At the end, we had found absolutely nothing ie (sic) no evidence of any copyright infringement whatsoever."

Finally, Linux wins on this war :)

sorry, forgot to post the source
http://news.com.com/...ml?tag=nefd.top

#2 qwijibow

qwijibow

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Computer / nerd related things (who would have guessed)<br />also. the following cartoons...<br /><br />South Park<br />King of the hill<br />Family guy<br />Sponge Bob Square pants<br />Simpsons

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:36 AM

Finally, Linux wins on this war

If only it wre that simple !

a few hours after slashdot reported the email, SCO announced that the email was in-accurate. And Still claims that Linux contains UNIX code (which SCO bought the rights to)

source: http://www.zdnet.com...39202609,00.htm

This has been going o for years.

Countless times in court,the judge has plain and simply said that they already have a copy of the linux kernel, You provide the court with the parts of your source code that you claim linux has coppied. Then SCO just drops the case and runs away.

ALL SCO needs to do to win this case, would be to grab an old version of its source code (that Linux allegidly stole) then highlight the parts that are also in a linux version.

If Linus really did steal code, then 1: how did he get access to it ?
2: why hasnt SCO provided a court with evidence.

Sooner or later, when they lose againsed Linux, i bet you they go after GNU !
then after that, BSD, then Minux, then HURD... there is no end.

SCO is a fialed dieing company, that used to work with software, but now spends its time thinking up excuses to sue others.

Plus, they recieve quite a lot of funds from Microsoft for some un-known reason.
The conspiracy theorists amungst us like to think MS is paying SCO to keep up the allegations as part of there FUD (Fear, uncertainty, doubt) campaid againsed linux... who knows.

SCO has nothing to gain, even if they did win.
Where is the money going to come from.

Does anyone still use SCO UNIX ?

I think the only closed source version of UNIX in use now is SUN SOLARIS.
And even that now has an Open source version os Solaris 10.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users