Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Google Maps Satelite

20 replies to this topic

#1 levpz930

levpz930

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

Hey, dunno if anyone has checked out Google Maps, but they have a satelite feature now. Just go to google and type the address. Press search then click on "get map of .....". That shows you a map and on the left side there is a satelite option. Click it. You have access to a satelite picture of wherever the address is. Its pretty cool. Zoom in and have fun.

#2 ninjamunky

ninjamunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:05 PM

That's pretty sweet. You can go to a location and then search for things, like pizza, and it shows all the pizza stores nearby. Mmmm sounds good right about now. Wonder if my parents are up to ordering some :D

#3 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • myCENTs:10.76

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, I already knew that. I managed to get an ariel photo of Google HQ and one of Jacko's Neverland Ranch.

The only thing is, its only available in the US, so I can't use it on the UK version of Google Mpas and Google Local.

Shame :D

#4 rapco

rapco

Premium Member

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

Where can i go to check Google Maps?????

i think there's a similar service, but it's very expensive.. and it's worldwide!

#5 vizskywalker

vizskywalker

Techno-Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Any idea how often the satellite image refreshes? Because everytime I check it is the same image, no cars in the road and trees block my house. I want to get a night shot with some cars in it, but I would need to know how often a picture is taken.

~Viz

#6 Charly

Charly

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:07 AM

Were is the privacy?!! I'm feeling like living in the situation of the movie "Enemy of the State", which was a really nice movie by the way.

#7 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

The image doesn't refresh constantly, it would be to expensive to have a sattelite taking photos of an entire country and constantly uploading them to Google's server. Can you imagine how much Google would have to pay for them?
I imagine that all the photos were taken during the day, so it was as clear as possible. If you're looking for a night time aerial photo, I recommend you pay for one from a professional.

How can this seem like a film? Have you any idea how many map providers offer aerial photos? Its not like they're spying on you - the quality isn't that good!

#8 BigmanB

BigmanB

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

I like the features of google maps because it give you the ablity of zooming in really close in a way that yahoo and mapquest doesn't. Although google maps is still a testing beta stages, I don't think that it will infringe on our privacy rights. The problem I have with google maps is that it doesn't provide you with detailed directions like mapquest and yahoo maps.

#9 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Wow! I've jsut noticed that Google are now offering sattelite maps of the UK too! They're not the best quality in the world, I think [link=www.multimap.co.uk]Multimap's[/link] photos are better, the quality is better and they cover a much wider area of the UK, however I can't stand the maps.

BigmanB, Google Maps do give directions. Type in where you want to go to, the word "to" and then where you're going from, for example "Norwich to London". You can use postcodes, street names, place names or anything like that to get directions, not just the name of towns or cities.

#10 finaldesign

finaldesign

[+] Graphic Designer [+]

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, 3d Modeling, DTP, Computer Software, Music composition & Remix...etc...

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

yeah I found that pretty cool, but I cant find AREA 51 anywhere... they must have deleted it :P anyway I was looking at sattelitet image of town where I live, and on the place where should be some goverment buildings there are "clouds" :P hmm, so if I was an terrorist... I would probably bomb whole clouded area... haha.. well seriously, this sattelite image can reveal whole bunch of stuff, that certain people should not have access to.

#11 Jeigh

Jeigh

Whitest Black Mage

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • Interests:My interests are my hobbies, and ironically enough my hobbies are my interests. I'm quite interested in my hobbies, much more so then my interests... but I spend more time with my interests as my hobbies are often rude with me so I don't enjoy talking to them as much.
  • myCENTs:93.97

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

Yea I've always liked playing with the various satellite images of places... I found my homes' general location BUUUUT my current place is in a small city in Canada, and my hometown is a tiiiny town in Canada, so neither have a great level of zoom available for the regions. Too bad. Hopefully they'll max out the satellite zoom level for all of Canada soon too

#12 lmatt

lmatt

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:13 PM

i love google maps

it is so cool, you can get directions to a place

#13 Guest_rumman_*

Guest_rumman_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

I also use Google Maps for the satellite imaging feature, however, I use Yahoo. and the Yellowpages for more detailed local maps. I think that Google has a done a good job by keeping the satellite feature because most people use it just for fun, assuming by the posts before me :P Another reason I like it is because I live in Toronto, so I have a much better view for the satellite. Google all the way. :P

#14 Jus10m

Jus10m

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

You should definetly check out googleglobetrotting.com. You can type in anywhere on the globe you want to see and it will take you there. It doesnt have to be a formal address either. You can type, "The Grand Canyon" or "Statue of Liberty" or even "The Great Pyramids" It's a pretty fun site to be on when your bored at work.

http://www.googleglobetrotting.com/

-Justin

#15 Reaver

Reaver

Premium Member

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

@ rapco its maps.google.com and @ finaldesign i think this is in no breach of wat people cant get access to today by any other means so i say go go googlemaps?
The hybrid feature definitely has me hooked and yes even though i am bored at looking at american states i can wait till its out of the beta stages so i can browse around the pacific.

#16 vizskywalker

vizskywalker

Techno-Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

Reaver, the google earh program, which is a downlaodable program that is an extension of google maps has oversea capability. The url is http://earth.google.com/.

~Viz

#17 saxsux

saxsux

Premium Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

yeah I found that pretty cool, but I cant find AREA 51 anywhere... they must have deleted it :D anyway I was looking at sattelitet image of town where I live, and on the place where should be some goverment buildings there are "clouds" :D hmm, so if I was an terrorist... I would probably bomb whole clouded area... haha.. well seriously, this sattelite image can reveal whole bunch of stuff, that certain people should not have access to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found it ages ago.
http://maps.google.c...59931&t=k&hl=en

I did some research on it, and Area 51 is actually used for testing aircraft and stuff, not alien technology.

#18 stusrud

stusrud

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

Yea I've always liked playing with the various satellite images of places... I found my homes' general location BUUUUT my current place is in a small city in Canada, and my hometown is a tiiiny town in Canada, so neither have a great level of zoom available for the regions. Too bad. Hopefully they'll max out the satellite zoom level for all of Canada soon too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I live in a small town in Canada of about 200 people, hopefully they do max out the sattelite zoom for Canada, I can find the general location of my town, but can't see streets, houses, etc. It really sucks right now, lol. I think if they get a maximum zoom for all regions, they would have more customers, because here is already two people who won't use it because they don't have a good enough zoom on Canada. :D

#19 stusrud

stusrud

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Sorry for the double posting, but I needed to correct something, since I cannto edit my post, the town I live in has 2000 people, not 200, sorry for the incorrect number.

#20 Dondada

Dondada

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

Google Earth is godly, on some areas you can into large building using the 3D option...try exploring Vegas & NY to use this at its best.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users