Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.

Photo
- - - - -

Reverse Video And software suggestions?

18 replies to this topic

#1 illarrestmyself

illarrestmyself

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video. I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames. Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches? Thanks.

#2 Guest_SeanWebber_*

Guest_SeanWebber_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Hi,
I personally have no great experience with film making. I have however created a couple of video presentations for my previous website. I don't really know any specific programs that can help you out here. I generally tended to use Windows Movie Maker or similiar simple movie creater programs. I had a quick look on the internet for you and a program that I found that might be of interest to you is Video Edit Magic. Like I said I don't have any personal experience with this site, but the feedback seems to be quite good. I'll let you take a look at it and see what you think...

(http://www.deskshare...p/WhatsNew.aspx)

I hope this helps and I'm just sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you. Thanks, Sean Webber.

#3 soleimanian

soleimanian

End Of Computer

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:smoking, drinking, gambling

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

my suggest is Adobe Premiere.adobe premiere is  perofessional and flexible software ,adobe premiere offers the perfect combination of creative control and reliability for home video editing It automates tedious tasks so you're free to cupture your movies from many devices ,create cool effects and transitions and easily burn DVDs. And you can take advantage of Adobe Title Designer, MPEG-2 export, DVD authoring, powerful audio tools, and more to create extraordinary video productions.I love that Adobe Premiere Elements is dependable and simplifies so many tasks, such as adding transitions. - Ian Webb, Grandfather and family memory keeper

Notice from jipman:

#4 oncombeureum

oncombeureum

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:PHP, MySQL, SQL, Delphi.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

i use premiere 7 as my video editor...

my suggest is Adobe Premiere.adobe premiere is perofessional and flexible software ,adobe premiere offers the perfect combination of creative control and reliability for home video editing It automates tedious tasks so you're free to cupture your movies from many devices ,create cool effects and transitions and easily burn DVDs. And you can take advantage of Adobe Title Designer, MPEG-2 export, DVD authoring, powerful audio tools, and more to create extraordinary video productions.I love that Adobe Premiere Elements is dependable and simplifies so many tasks, such as adding transitions. - Ian Webb, Grandfather and family memory keeper

couldn't agree more..

reverse video is a simple step in premiere..
add the file, set the speed in reverse, convert it.
and the result is fine.
(the sound is also got reversed) :D

hiya...

#5 illarrestmyself

illarrestmyself

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for all the replies... I was aware that Premiere does have a feature to reverse video, but I really don't have the $600-$700 to shell out for non-linear video editing software. So for now I'll have to stick with linear video editing and keep looking for possibly some freeware to reverse video. Thanks again.

#6 bigredrosen

bigredrosen

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Music!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video.  I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames.  Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

without a doubt, i would recommend Sony Vegas 4.0 .. however, this is not a free program --- you can find more at www.download.com, just do a search for free software. however, if you dont mind paying the money for Vegas, i'd recommend it

#7 Ocelot357

Ocelot357

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

without a doubt, i would recommend Sony Vegas 4.0 .. however, this is not a free program --- you can find more at www.download.com, just do a search for free software. however, if you dont mind paying the money for Vegas, i'd recommend it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree about Vegas, but go with the demo of Vegas 6. It lasts for 30 days and it is a complete version. You will need the .net framework and directx 9
I downloaded it and LOVE it!! (i was using vegas 2)

#8 furiousj

furiousj

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video.  I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames.  Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recommend adobe premier. There is a small glitch that if you import mpegs, the sound gets a little funky. I wouldn't buy this (i'm still trying to find some good free software that does reverse) but i set the speed to -%100 in my old copy of adobe premier and it played backwards

#9 Ocelot357

Ocelot357

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

I agree about Vegas, but go with the demo of Vegas 6.  It lasts for 30 days and it is a complete version.  You will need the .net framework and directx 9
I downloaded it and LOVE it!! (i was using vegas 2)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IN Vegas 6 you select the clip and insert a velosity envelope. Click on the envelope line and drag it down to the bottom of the clip- it slows down the clip then after reaching a specific point, it reverses the clip. Simple and cool.

Ed

#10 paralizedfish

paralizedfish

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

On Final Cut reversing video is a synch. I know it's expensive, especially for more advanced versions but take it from me, if you are really serious about being a filmmaker.

I've been a film major for three years now and I have made several of my own short films. I guarentee you will need either Final Cut or Avid in order to survive. Simple as that.

#11 DrK3055A

DrK3055A

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:00 AM

There is a powerful resouce, but it isn't easy to use because you need to learn a script language suited for video editing. This is AviSynth, it's an opensource programming language for video processing and editing. I succesfully used it to reverse a music video for making a joke involving satanic messages and so on.

(I know that this thread is older than 1 year, but this info might be of any use for some people, or at least i hope so)

#12 Guest_FeedBacker_*

Guest_FeedBacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

Get adobe premiere pro, I have it, and it is worth
the money

-bruce

#13 Guest_FeedBacker_*

Guest_FeedBacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

Does Vegas really have the reverse play feature? because Vegas Movie Studio 4(the one I'm using) don't..

-NotFIQ

#14 Guest_FeedBacker_*

Guest_FeedBacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Replying to illarrestmyselfthe program you need is called unlead video studio 11. You can download it for free for 30 days trial version its got to be one of the easiest and best program I ever used. Hop this was useful to you .

-reply by stone

#15 Guest_FeedBacker_*

Guest_FeedBacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

hi i wana reverse a video n play it in reverse
Reverse Video

Example you cut a bottle with knife afte reversing the video and playing it the video should like your knife going back and the bottle joining and more upto first like before itrs cut

So which software do you suggest me my frnd?

-reply by jonah

#16 Guest_FeedBacker_*

Guest_FeedBacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

I know how
Reverse Video

Replying to illarrestmyself There is one I use. Sony Vegas. You right click on the video and hit reverse. But this program isn't cheap. $80.00

-reply by Lymanfilms

#17 Guest_iGuest-Brandy_*

Guest_iGuest-Brandy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

in reverse
Reverse Video

I-movie does it easily. Comes free with macs now. It's a filter called fast/slow/reverse. Pretty much does the trick. For prostuff. I like premiere too.

-reply by Brandy

#18 Guest_(G)kenny_*

Guest_(G)kenny_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:21 AM

Reverse Video - And software suggestions? Reverse Video

hi just add a (-) negative sign in front of the duration for eg right click the video you want to play click speed duration.. If the time is 7:12:56:24 just add the negative or minus sign in front of the first digit make sure its not a zero..

-reply by kenny

#19 Guest_(G)Piper_*

Guest_(G)Piper_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Replying to iGuestThe K-5 Video Reversal Tool reverses video clips in one step. Just input your video and click "start". Freeware program.Http://oakdome.Com/k5/video-reversal-tool/K-5-video-reversal-tool.Php

-reply by Piper

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users