Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:29 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:28 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!

Photo
- - - - -

Stij.exe - Anyone Has This Running On Their System?

33 replies to this topic

#1 manuleka

manuleka

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• Members
  • 1,633 posts
  • myCENTs:58.12

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

i've just noticed that i have this stij.exe running (task manager) and did a google on it but none shows exactly what the file is/does... does anyone else have this running?

system: Windows 7 Pro

#2 yordan

yordan

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Do you use incredimail?

#3 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

i don't think so... what's that?

#4 yordan

yordan

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Look here : http://www.incredima...ish/splash.aspx
I don't know if you installed this, or used some of these funny goodies.

#5 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

nope never installed it... i just don't know how it ends up in my machine (weird)...

#6 yordan

yordan

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

So, find where it is and rename it to stijremoved.exe and see what happens :D

#7 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

so the file is under System32\jmdp and when renaming it nothing happens.... will see after restart

Edited by manuleka, 10 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#8 yordan

yordan

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

So, you can simply rename the jmdp folder to jmdp_removed and see what happens.

#9 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

after changing the stij.exe file name and restarted, the file doesn't appear to be running anymore... but i'm curious how it actually end up there

#10 Ahsaniqbal111

Ahsaniqbal111

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:Medical education
    Anatomy
    Physiology
    Biochemistry
    Computer and Internet
    Google
    Facebook
  • myCENTs:31.22

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

I googled the term "stij exe" and the first search result has some info on it. Link: System explorer

So they have mentioned that the file may be related to incredimail (as @yordan have mentioned as well) but also to smailbox.

More importantly, they have declared the file as SAFE

#11 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

I googled the term "stij exe" and the first search result has some info on it. Link: System explorer

So they have mentioned that the file may be related to incredimail (as @yordan have mentioned as well) but also to smailbox.

More importantly, they have declared the file as SAFE

yea i was just curious what it is and found it is safe... but just wanting to see what would happen if i remove/relabel it... doesn't seem to affect anything at all

#12 Ahsaniqbal111

Ahsaniqbal111

• Members
  • 895 posts
    Anatomy
    Physiology
    Biochemistry
    Computer and Internet
    Google
    Facebook

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

So did you figure out how it appeared on your system?

#13 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

So did you figure out how it appeared on your system?

no not yet... but from what i can remember the last application i installed about a week ago was a free pdf editor tool http://en.pdf24.org/pdf-editor.jsp

but i uninstalled it a day after as i didn't like the interface and how the tool works...

it most probably was installed together with this program

#14 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

found it - IncrediBar

i think it was installed with some software i added sometime ago...

#15 Ahsaniqbal111

Ahsaniqbal111

• Members
  • 895 posts
    Anatomy
    Physiology
    Biochemistry
    Computer and Internet
    Google
    Facebook

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

So you uninstalled IncrediBar and the sjit.exe was gone with it.....???

#16 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

So you uninstalled IncrediBar and the sjit.exe was gone with it.....???

yip :) the whole folder jmdp

#17 Guest_mastercomputers_*

Guest_mastercomputers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm glad I don't run Windows. It seems most programs developed for it have some obscure naming convention that does not even make sense to the user. This is where a lot of Window problems lie. sjit.exe, what is that suppose to stand for, mean, do? and if you had something named like that, instead of something sensibly named, I would have removed it just on that fact.

sjit.exe is malware, don't believe all those so called scan/scam file sites that are only checking for viruses. A good malware tool, should have detected it and removed this for you. This incredibar can be installed without your approval, even if you decline to install it, it still manages to get installed.

Be sure to run a few preventative tools and also clean up tools. I suggest looking at Major Geeks for some useful utilities, as I do not know what you need to use these days, but they should still be in the known.

Cheers,

MC

#18 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'm glad I don't run Windows. It seems most programs developed for it have some obscure naming convention that does not even make sense to the user. This is where a lot of Window problems lie. sjit.exe, what is that suppose to stand for, mean, do? and if you had something named like that, instead of something sensibly named, I would have removed it just on that fact.

sjit.exe is malware, don't believe all those so called scan/scam file sites that are only checking for viruses. A good malware tool, should have detected it and removed this for you. This incredibar can be installed without your approval, even if you decline to install it, it still manages to get installed.

Be sure to run a few preventative tools and also clean up tools. I suggest looking at Major Geeks for some useful utilities, as I do not know what you need to use these days, but they should still be in the known.

Cheers,

MC

totally agree... a lot of malwares are installed without the users consent, i use to get this when installing Winamp although i don't really use the program i remember a few times opting out of all the additional stuff it comes with (eg. toolbars, homepage for IE etc) it still installed them for some reason...

but most of the popular softwares don't actually install malwares, its the small/not so popular ones that i find they tend to be a nuisance with these malwares

#19 Ahsaniqbal111

Ahsaniqbal111

• Members
  • 895 posts
    Anatomy
    Physiology
    Biochemistry
    Computer and Internet
    Google
    Facebook

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

So are you comparing linux with windows here. I mean do you want to say that naming conventions for windows are bad as compared to linux??

And I agree completely that many windows programs have extremely obscure names. It just makes you conspicuous. Even some of the system processes have strange names.... (sorry I can't remember the names exactly and I am currently on linux so can't get them either). But I don't know of any standard or any good naming convention, so I can't give a comparative statement. I used to assume that programmers always use such obscure names, maybe because they are just accustomed to it.

totally agree... a lot of malwares are installed without the users consent, i use to get this when installing Winamp although i don't really use the program i remember a few times opting out of all the additional stuff it comes with (eg. toolbars, homepage for IE etc) it still installed them for some reason...

but most of the popular softwares don't actually install malwares, its the small/not so popular ones that i find they tend to be a nuisance with these malwares

Malware installation without permission has not happened with me (I am considering a malware to be different from a virus). The presentation of installation agreement is very very obscure so sometimes people don't notice it and the malware get installed. But if sufficient care is taken, then it won't get installed (at least my experience is that).

#20 manuleka

manuleka

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

So are you comparing linux with windows here. I mean do you want to say that naming conventions for windows are bad as compared to linux??

And I agree completely that many windows programs have extremely obscure names. It just makes you conspicuous. Even some of the system processes have strange names.... (sorry I can't remember the names exactly and I am currently on linux so can't get them either). But I don't know of any standard or any good naming convention, so I can't give a comparative statement. I used to assume that programmers always use such obscure names, maybe because they are just accustomed to it.

Malware installation without permission has not happened with me (I am considering a malware to be different from a virus). The presentation of installation agreement is very very obscure so sometimes people don't notice it and the malware get installed. But if sufficient care is taken, then it won't get installed (at least my experience is that).

i think the naming convention for most popular programs are fine, its the not so popular ones (maybe rookie devs? hehe) that seem to have weird file/folder naming conventions i.m.o

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users