Here are a couple of free web-based FTP Sites, that you can use to upload files to your astahost hosting account - in case you are having difficulties in installing/configuring a local FTP Client.
Manage your websites and files!!
Once you are logged in, you will be able to:
* Navigate your FTP server
* Upload and download files
* Copy - move between two 2nd FTP servers
* Copy, move, delete, CHMOD files and directories
* Rename and chmod files and directories
* Edit text files, and view them with syntax highlighting
* Navigate the FTP server. Once you have logged in, you can browse from directory to directory and see all the subdirectories and files.
* Upload files. The files are copied from your computer to the FTP server.
* Download files. Click on a filename in the list of files, and a window will pop up to ask you where you want to save it on your computer.
* Upload-and-unzip. This feature is great to upload many files at once (for example if you want to install an application on your web server). This is how it works: specify a Zip file on your computer; the Zip file is transferred to the web server where it is unzipped; the files it contains are transferred to the FTP server.
* Zip-and-download. This is the opposite from the upload-and-unzip. Select directories or files you want to download, they are transferred to the web server where they are zipped into one Zip file that you save on your computer.
* Copy, move and delete directories and files. Directories are handled recursively, meaning that their content (subdirectories and files) will also be copied, moved or deleted.
* Copy or move directories and files directly to a second FTP server.
* Rename and chmod directories and files.
* View code with syntax highlighting.
* Edit text right from your browser. Every time you save the changes the new file is transferred to the FTP server.
* Edit text right from your browser in an HTML form.
* Send files via email. Select directories or files, click on Email, and a Zip file is prepared to sent in attachment to an address of your choice.
* All this... FREE
UnlimitedFTP Online - Access your FTP sites from anywhere with this free web based FTP client!
UnlimitedFTP Online is a web based FTP client. It's fast, it's easy to use and it works everywhere! It works in your web browser and stores all your configuration settings so you no longer need to install other FTP software. You can access your FTP sites from multiple locations, at work, school, or home without ever losing your settings. Businesses can let their customers use this service to access their FTP site to transfer files. We also provide FTP hosting solutions to meet your needs. UnlimitedFTP Online is your complete web based FTP solution.
And some php scripts and java applets that you can install on your site to give FTP functionality to users:
phpWebFTP offers a way of connecting to you FTP server, even when you are behind a firewall or proxy not allowing traffic to FTP servers. This is very common in business networks.
phpWebFTP overcomes this issue by making a FTP connection from your webserver to the FTP server of you liking and transfering the files from this web server to your webclient over the standard http protocol.
I developed phpWebFTP to overcome this issue myself and descided to share the application with others. The source is available under GNU license. Which basically means you can use the program and modify the code, as long as you keep mentioning my name ;-)
In order to use phpWebFTP on you webserver, you should have a webserver with PHP and FTP enabled. No other installation or configuration should be nescecarry.
What is FTP Applet?
"Web based FTP client applet."
FTP Applet Description from the Publisher
FTP Applet is a Java based FTP client that runs in the context of your web browser. FTP Applet is targeted towards organizations wishing to provide their users an easy method of exchanging data without having to install a FTP client. Features include multiple file transfer, transfer status monitor, multilingual support, automatic login and the ability to customize to match your web site palette.
MyWebFTP Free is a free lite version of MyWebFTP Personal - a PHP script providing FTP client capabilities with the user interface in your browser. Install it on a remote server and easily connect to your FTP servers through a firewall or a proxy not allowing FTP connections. No PHP built-in FTP support is required. Perform actions on many files at once. Password protected from casual surfers wasting your bandwidth. Nice look and feel is easy customizable.