Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

#astahost @ Irc: New Additions (credits Listing)

4 replies to this topic

#1 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

Now there are several bots protecting the channels: #AstaHost, #Trap17 & #XisTo

1. Eggdrop bot: ReBeCa - owned & modded by me.
2. Windrop bot: NBot - owned & modded by Trekkie101

Trekkie has already listed what his bot can do. Here's what ReBeCa can do:
ReBeCa responds to quite a few commands typed in the main channel window. All commands should be prefixed with a ! sign. Among these is a new module called Credits which displays your remaining hosting credits in the channel or in a private message.
  • !weather <city> <country> - this takes one or two paramters and reports live weather conditions from an associated site.
  • !credits - this will fetch your remaining hosting credits info and display it in the channel.
  • !ping - this will make the BOT ping you and find out the ping time (response time) of your own host.
  • !seen <nickname> - this command takes a nickname as arguement and provides you with information about when he was last seen in the channel
  • !chanstats - this will show you a one line channel usage statistics.
  • !bofh - this picks out a random quote from the Bastard Operator From Hell archives and displays it in the channel.
  • !whatpulse - grabs your current whatpulse ranking from their server and displays it in the channel
More to come... soon :)

Till then have fun..

#2 SingleDaddyof2

SingleDaddyof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Improving my webmaster skills &amp; my baseball card collection

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:53 PM

Now there are several bots protecting the channels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok m^e, these are very cool bots but do they really protect anything or is that just a figure of speech? It would also be cool if we could get an explanation of how you guys decided on the bot's names. The press also wants to know who's gonna own and mod a bot and name it Astahostess? :)

#3 Trekkie101

Trekkie101

Teh Teckeh Trekkeh

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

They do protect, Rebeca protects the user accounts and makes sure no-one can be modded that shouldnt be able to. NBot protects the channel from flooding and excessive swearing. NBot (I dunno about R) will kick people from the channel for being annoying and then ban them for 60 mins if they dont stop.

#4 moonwitch

moonwitch

Demonic Enforcer

• [HOSTED]
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:I used to have too many to list here, now I can honestly say one of my interests is finding those annoying spammers on the forums and hunting them down. Ok, I also enjoy skinning IPB and just general webdesign. You may seduce me with some XUL or XML as well :)

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

They do protect, Rebeca protects the user accounts and makes sure no-one can be modded that shouldnt be able to. NBot protects the channel from flooding and excessive swearing. NBot (I dunno about R) will kick people from the channel for being annoying and then ban them for 60 mins if they dont stop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you maybe make NBot not respond to LOL/lol anymore LOL It annoys me to no extent, especially since it's one of my stopwords :)

#5 Trekkie101

Trekkie101

Teh Teckeh Trekkeh

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

he hast for over a week, he only done it for a day :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users