Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Internet Explorer internet explorer

5 replies to this topic

#1 sparkliestars11

sparkliestars11

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 03:13 AM

after i go on to internet explorer...in about 30 seconds the page shuts off...does ne1 kno wats wrong with it? or do you guys have the problem too?

#2 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:08 AM

Do you have any kind of popup stopper running on your system (check your system tray). This sounds like one of those. Or else something has hijacked your browser and turns it off when you try to browse other pages. Check for that popup stopper and run some antispyware (get Spybot Search & Destroy) - it's free. You can get it at:http://www.safer-networking.org/

Check all these and let us know if the problem still persists.

Cheers :)

#3 Yamato

Yamato

Member [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:You.

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

I would simply recommend uninstalling IE. Get Firefox as your primary browser instead. It is seriously a ton better.

Here is the link to download Firefox. I've been using it for a few weeks and am a complete convert.

#4 amkint

amkint

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:programmin, web design, forum posting, chattin, browsin, cricket, football, books (jrr tolkien), tennis, computer games(stratergy)

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:09 AM

its not about converting to firefox.. its about a problem with IE. i suggest you download antispyware program and scan your computer. ad-aware is a famous one (though i never had the need to use these programs myself)... also there is a possibility that your computer is infected by a virus.... i don't know but your description shows something very similar to the blaster virus... i came out a long time ago and was stopped.. but you could the virus from somewhere else. well if thats the case, then i suggest you to do an antivirus scan.. if you don't have any antivirus, try Panda.. its free and good.

#5 dungsport

dungsport

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

Yeap, I think I got this sort of problem long time ago. It is certainly a symptom of virus or spyware. The IE files may be damanged or IE's spyware plugins do some illegal actions.

You should:
- Scan your system for viruses using Norton or McAfee.
- Scan spyware using Spybot Search & Destroy (download at http://spybot.info, this is genuine link cause you can get dozen of software named Spybot from the search engine). I trust this one the most. It also comes with a utility running residently that allows you to prevent unexpectly changes to your Windows registry.

And if you'd like IE style but cant use it anymore and dont like Firefox/Opera/Nescape.... an alternative one is Maxthon (formly known MyIE). Following are some introduction info from their website www.maxthon.com

Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

Tabbed Browsing Interface
Mouse Gestures
Super Drag&Drop
Privacy Protection
AD Hunter
RSS Reader
Google Bar Support
External Utility Bar
Skinning
And Much More to Explore...

#6 Vagodeoz

Vagodeoz

Premium Member

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Same happens to me, but I runned antivirus and antispywares and it stills getting closed. Right now I'm using Opera.
Yamato: I think there is no way to uninstall IE.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users