Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Best LAN-Messenger help me find it...

16 replies to this topic

#1 friso

friso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:50 PM

hi again.

im searching for the very best LAN-messenger. desired specifications:
- free
- simple
- no need to turn it on to receive messages (or auto-turn on)
- simple.
I also heard something about a built-in messenger in windows, that works with commands in start – run. Please tell me all you know (about this subject :P)
What do you use, and what is so great about it. And don’t forget to post a link where I can download it.

#2 xtron

xtron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:39 PM

hi again.

im searching for the very best LAN-messenger. desired specifications:
- free
- simple
- no need to turn it on to receive messages (or auto-turn on)
- simple.
I also heard something about a built-in messenger in windows, that works with commands in start – run. Please tell me all you know (about this subject :P)
What do you use, and what is so great about it. And don’t forget to post a link where I can download it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well there is a WINPOP messenger buit in every OS by windows but it isn't actually a chat tool. Personaly i recomend BorgChat u can dowload it
here
But be careful to activate the Turn on with startup so it will automaticly turn on when u log in and deactivate that anoying popup-at-mesage function so u won't be botherd by everyone that is using the chat !!

#3 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:49 AM

I've been using this sw called WinPopupGold and it has almost all the features you're looking for... All you need to specify is the windows workgroup/domain that your network hosts are sharing and that's it - all other systems become visible to you and you can send them instant messages. Of course the other systems should have a copy of this sw running too... it loads of windows load and sits silently in your system tray till you receive a message or want to send one...Can get the trial version here at: http://www.smartison...dwnwinpopup.php

If you want the full version.. errr.. search around - am sure you'll find loads of sites offering them :P

Some other free LAN IMs:

1. http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1
2. http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-2

#4 JimBeam

JimBeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:44 AM

I don't really want one of these programs to chat over a network because that just means adding yet ANOTHER program to my computer and I already have enough! So can anyone tell me how to use the winpop thing using command prompts? I tried to figure it out myself using help features in the commend prompt... but I could only successfully send a message to every machine on the network. We have 4 computers on our home network and I only want to send a message to one of them, not the whole lot... can anyone give me a hint on how to do this successfully?
I followed to instructions properly from the help features but everytime I tried it, I would get a message saying that computer doesn't exist... but I could ping it and see it there? It was really weird, and neither of us were running firewalls that would block the message either. Anyone know what's up?

#5 svtl

svtl

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:16 AM

What do you think about this software: " D.mess". This program has many funtions, that you require.
You can download free version 2.0.7 here: http://www.softlinks...90&fileID=11032
I hope that you like it.

#6 arp240

arp240

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:10 AM

In windows xp you can use "Net send" command
example:

net send robert Meeting changed to 3 P.M. Same place.

this sends message to user named robert.

for correct syntax and available parameters search "help and support center" for above word combination
Just check that messanger service is running:
go to "control panel->administrative tools->services" and find "messanger service".
make sure it runs.

#7 friso

friso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

In windows xp you can use "Net send" command
example:
this sends message to user named robert.
for correct syntax and available parameters search "help and support center" for above word combination
Just check that messanger service is running:
go to "control panel->administrative tools->services" and find "messanger service".
make sure it runs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm... sounds good, but it doesn't seem to be running, and i got the dutch version of windows xp, so "control panel" "administrative tools" and "services" have different names... could you post the images or icons that belong to these things??

thank you! :)

#8 shahidiimran

shahidiimran

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:alot

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

i think the best LAN Messenger is VYPRESS CHAT and you can download the latest trial version from www.vypress.com ithink u will like it az it has many new and cool features

#9 Pixa

Pixa

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:13 PM

BorgChat-the best software i have ever used !
Lot's of options, and totally free!

#10 sambop

sambop

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

BorgChat-the best software i have ever used !
Lot's of options, and totally free!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how well does it work?

#11 computerjoe

computerjoe

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

yes, but if we've disabled Messenger due to the Messenger spam net send is of no use.

BorgChat is quite good, you can send files, have multi-user chats, private chats and there's even a forum for your network built-in! It also allows you to make other people's processor beep. I think it requires Windows though.... so no good for Linux users.

http://borgchat.softnews.ro/

#12 sirola

sirola

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Programming, ASP.NET, music, etc.

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

Why don't you try this program ShixxNOTE 6.net - Network enabled sticky notes program (LAN messenger) :o

With this program you can send message in note format or via Windows messenger service (NET SEND) to any comp in your LAN. Also you can send note or message to 20 comps with one click. Try it.

Description:
ShixxNOTE is a desktop sticky notes (post-it) program, that allows you to keep desktop sticky notes, and also send them across the network (or Internet) to friends or colleagues. The program runs in client/server mode and transmits messages or notes to selected Shixxnote clients on the network. However, you can also send messages to machines that do not have Shixxnote installed, in which case the program will automatically use the standard XP/2000 Windows Messenger service to deliver the message. It also includes alarm options that allow you to be reminded of selected notes, and support full formatting of font, color and appearance of the notes. Other features include a reply option, emailing of notes, note export, printing and more.

#13 Guest_(G)Marc_*

Guest_(G)Marc_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Thank you SirolaBest LAN-Messenger

Sirola thank you for letting me know about ShixxNOTE 6.Net. It is great program and perfect for communication in my small company, now we are sending notes through LAN every day. Again thank you. Program is neat and for me it is kind of must have program.

-reply by Marc

#14 Guest_(G)Marc_*

Guest_(G)Marc_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Sirola thank you ! Program is great ...Best LAN-Messenger

Sirola,

Thank you for giving me info about ShixxNOTE, I installed it and it is neat program and it improve my communication in my small 15 employees company. Again thankx, ShixxNOTE 6.Net is great program from LAN communication. 

-reply by Marc

#15 Guest_(G)riyan_*

Guest_(G)riyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

BorgChatBest LAN-Messenger

yup I already used Brogchat and it's has many feaures.

But can anyone tell me how to run Brogchat in limited account on XP Pro?

Thanks all

-reply by riyan

#16 Guest_(G)Pritish_*

Guest_(G)Pritish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

hey try this:- outlook messenger.It contains a chat function + voice chat (requires a small addon available on their site) + file sending + remote desktop sharing(it also requires a small addon) !But the main problem is ... Its a trial of 30 days.Only download the latest version (6.0.52) because only the latest version is loaded with all these features. Iam searching the crack for latest version and iam not getting it if someone has please inform me. If someone knows about a software just like that then also inform me...

-reply by Pritish

#17 sirola

sirola

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Programming, ASP.NET, music, etc.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sirola thank you ! Program is great ...Best LAN-Messenger
Sirola,
Thank you for giving me info about ShixxNOTE, I installed it and it is neat program and it improve my communication in my small 15 employees company. Again thankx, ShixxNOTE 6.Net is great program from LAN communication.
-reply by Marc

Thank you Marc. I am really happy that you improved communication in your company with my program ShixxNOTE 6.net. That is the benefit of ShixxNOTE because it is not just simple desktop sticky notes program. ShixxNOTE 6.net also have plenty of communication options, sending and receiving notes instantly through your LAN. It is cool program but also very productive. You don't have to call ten persons on different locations in your building to get down in meeting room. You just create ShixxNOTE note and write text "Meeting in 10:00" set note color to red and text color to white and send them all with one click (because you saved them as a group). Everyone whatever they are doing will just be suprised when note pop up on theirs desktop and sound will also notify them. That is one scenario. But also you can use note as clipboard.

I think quiestion to this topic is ShixxNOTE 6.net download it at www.shixxnote.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users