Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:14 AM
To add my two cents, yes you're right, unemployment is really quite high in the world, and it seems that a lot of youth doesn't have a job and it seems that the numbers are rising.
Business will need to understand, especially the richest people in the world.. In my opinion they will need to invest into youth and give them some kind of jobs, as youth without jobs might rise in a lot of places and if those few rich people in the world are so mercenary, they will invest their money into this problem in the near future, just to get more money in the further future, if they don't invest, they will loose money globally.
An interesting thing, that about 500 richests people hold ~80% of world capital, all the rest people share 20% of capital in the world, I think it's really not a normal situation. Also another interesting thing, that mainly there are ~50 enterprise which holds all the capital in one or another way by other enterprise vendors, all the rest are small enterprise companies, which share a little percent of the world capital and money.
So when you imagine these abstract numbers, people used to be slaves and worked for food and bed, the industry understood that a slave isn't effective and that people needs to get a salary for which he could live and could buy food himself, this happened in 19-20 century, now in 21 century, the same industry needs to understand, that people, for more effective work and return of investment needs much more than just a salary to buy food, a flat and a car, they need money to travel and buy a lot of things, they need to consume a lot to keep their capital as big as they have it now, or else all the unemployed youth will start to rebel.
About the unemployed youth, as I know, students, schoolchildren and other youth used to work at summer time, they usually did small jobs, got some money and there happy, if they didn't know what to do, they searched for a simple job somewhere. TODAY, they don't, most of them watch TV, play computer games, spend all the sumer playing Warcraft, spend their time with their friends drinking beer or partying, they don't care about simple jobs, they want simple jobs with a lot of money, and the numbers are rising.
In USA, the model seems to be to live in a credit, in one way it's good, in other ways it leads to financial crisis, people use more than produce, they buy everything into credit and lives, in other countries there are different models, which is opposite, some people work 10 years and buys something and has no credit, it seems to be good, but those 10 years aren't so nice? Even though, in most parts of the world, people can't buy anything as they are poor.
If those 500 rich people would invest into world, I doubt people would die from famine, but it's like that and in my opinion things will change to better days and in one or another way if rich people still want to be rich, they will invest into youth and will try to employ them, or else they will have an army of hungry rebels which can do a lot of harm, the revolution for example in Africa, most of people there young people who were unhappy with the current situation. The situation in Greece, lazy youth are rebellious, they don't want to work, but want to live not according to their financial abilities. They're are used to not be as diligent and moreover, the corruption adds more power to that situation.
Any enterprise main goal is to get profit, they will do anything to get profit, some of them don't pay taxes, some of them pay small wages, bigger companies move to China, where labor power is cheap, they search for all possibilities to get more profit, if they could, they wouldn't pay anyone, but with time, all that kind of vendors will fall, enterprise needs to understand that human resources are the heart of any company and they need to respect their employers, especially young people without experience and PROFIT shouldn't be the main goal, I mean it should, but with humanity and respect to their employers. Also, those biggest vendors of the world eats all the small vendors which tries to survive and it seems that monopoly and corruption in a capitalism world is getting to high, some people and some countries and some vendors seem to have no shame at all.