Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.

Photo
- - - - -

Python!? I believe python is one of the best programming languages

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Python! (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Python be listed as one of the main programming languages?

1. Yes (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. I don't know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jumban

jumban

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Python is an excellent programming language - clear syntax, easy to learn.

And there are many people who learn Python!(including me)

What do you guys of Python? (NOT the snake, i'm talking about programming haha)

#2 starscream

starscream

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • myCENTs:84.35

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

I do code in python these days. I'm currently stuck with the django for web development. Desktop development is much easier and you can learn it over time. I'm also going to spend some time working on programs in ironpython. Ironpython is basically a .NET compatible ptyhon, which is also used in mono. I hope you're already aware of mono.net.

I'm not sure why python is rated low than C/C++. I found it's easy to learn ptyhon than c/c++. I'm not religious in terms of language or faith, so any language that does my job is fine. I don't think there is any point in making any language better over others in terms of word of mouth or other publicity. It should just work, there is no need to get involved in any language emotionally. That's just my opinion.

#3 yordan

yordan

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure why python is rated low than C/C++.

Does Python environment need to be installed on the web server? Then, this could make a difference with C/C++, which only needs a runtime, mainly a library set.
Moreover, I feel Phyton like a code interpreter, not a compiler. This could raise some performance issues, if many simultaneous users are involved.
I have experienced some response times up to 15 minutes with Python, which is rather unacceptable for most of standard users.

#4 starscream

starscream

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • myCENTs:84.35

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Most of the linux servers come up with python installed like PHP. In comparison to php there are very few things needed for python. Only Django and some other data bindings are necessary. So not much of requirement. As for performance, python pages load quickly than most php page and are secure too. It's just that most of the linux distros that are popular rarely have packages for python. Take case of cpanel, there isn't any python package support for free license. There is one for paid linux package.

Hosting like dreamhost, come with python, ruby support. In fact, python is so easy to deploy on servers like dreamhost. Just run put the file in manager and run it on web browser. Like php, it'll run immediately. I guess the support currently lacks because of less python demand and django's alpha infancy.

Yes it is interpreter but for web development it hardly matters. Because ruby is also interpreter and you see many possibilities with ror. Not much of performance issues that i have seen so far.

I'm not sure where you observed 15 minutes response, but most of the news sites that are hosted under django loads quickly. Even with their huge media content. This must be server issue and python support.

#5 Quatrux

Quatrux

the Q

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:PHP, MySQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, C# Computers, Alternative OS, Amiga, MorphOS, Beer, Friends, Linux, KDE..
  • myCENTs:30.76

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Python is really becoming a good and useful language with a good syntax, I only see PHP in Web as I don't even want to see it somewhere else, even though it's a scripting language with an interpter and you can use it through a cli to run scripts, but in my opinion, things need to be used in the right place, whenever I need to do something with Web, I do it with PHP, when I need a simple application for windows to do something, I do it with C# and don't need a lot of knowledge, but whenever I need to do something on the server, I like python! Even though I don't have a lot of knowledge using it, but as much as I tried, I really liked it and I know it can do a lot more, but I just don't need more.. ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users