Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Toshiba Keyboard Stuck In Shortcut Mode

6 replies to this topic

#1 puzzledgranny

puzzledgranny

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

My 2 year old grandson had a field-day with my older Toshiba laptop today. I believe the shortcut key option is stuck "on". I cannot type any words or numbers at all. When I press "p" print options appear, when I press "o" all sorts of programs want to open, etc. I tried tryping in address bar but cannot get any words to appear in address bar. I tested it by opening Note Pad with mouse and attempted to type but letters and number would not appear. It seems like the Control Key always on or the computer is automatically in "short-cut key mode". If anyone know how to disable this, please help me. I am using a Toshiba Satelite and Windows XP operating system. There is not a virus visible b'caus I ran a check and all my anti-virus software is up to date. All my Toshiba updates have been done also. I haven't turned off computer yet b'cause I don't know what will happen if i try to power back up again. Please help, thanks in advance. :(

#2 yordan

yordan

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

The shortcut for printing is "Ctrl-P".
This makes me think that the stuck key is the "control" key, and not the shortcut key.
Same thing with "ctrl-O", which is the shortcut for "open".
Have a look at the "control" key, probably the keyboard had a nice shock on the bottom-left edge, you can try forcing the "control" key to go up, releasing this "control-click" feature.

#3 surfermac

surfermac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • myCENTs:83.73

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

ya or the key might have gone inside
there was such a problem with my friend in the same way
what ever you type you get a 'v' along with it
so we had to replace the keyboard

#4 tremayne

tremayne

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

on most keyboard you can pry off the keys and they are designed to come on and off try prying your key off and then cleaning underneath with a cotton swab and then once putting the key back on press it repeatedly a bunch of times.

#5 Guest_(G)Amhughs_*

Guest_(G)Amhughs_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

I need help my son was messing on my laptop and my sreen size has been made smaller and I have tried all sorts and cant seem 2 get it back to its original size to fill the screen. Does any one know how I can change it back??? 

-reply by Amhughs

#6 Guest_(G)_*

Guest_(G)_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

Replying to (G)Amhughs hello there, on one key u will have a picture of a magnifying glass with a plus on it, if u hold fn and press it it should help

#7 Guest_(G)Stacy_*

Guest_(G)Stacy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

thanks!Toshiba Keyboard Stuck In Shortcut Mode

Thank you so much! The same thing happened to me, so I did an internet search that led me here.  I was getting very frustrated, as this is my old backup computer, and the only one I have until I replace the one I just lost.  It still sucks that you can't permanently disable it though, and I don't want an external keyboard as I travel a lot :(  At least I know what to do, but they couldn't have put it in a place more likely to get accidentally hit with the program I use the most (beatcraft)...

-reply by Stacy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users