Astahost Forum is now powered with Revenue Sharing Engine. This means, We will be showing ads on our forums (not to members with posts>100) and you take the share of the revenue earned. Advertisements are text-links and I am sure this would be the most profitable type of ads which are clean and pleasant to the user. The revenue is earned on click basis. Kontera knows about this service and they have accepted to sponsor our forums through our revenue sharing engine.
Using your Revenue Sharing Control inside MyControls section of forums, Update your PUBLISHER CODE at Kontera (which requires sign-up with their Service) and the color of the AD-Links. However, you will not be allowed to view your own ad to prevent accidental clicks.
The best way to earn revenue would be by starting Unique Topics which are not only NEW to us but also new to the Web. We encourage you to spread your topic links and attract good traffic to your articles. We suggest the following to make the most of this ad-revenue system :-
Our TextLink Ads are displayed based on the following probability:
- Choose your Title & Description carefully. Make them as RELEVANT & INFORMATIVE compared to your Content/Post as possible.
- Make posts filled with lot of valuable content.
- Spread the links of your articles.
- Subscribe to your Topics to get alerts for any Replies.
- Use your Signature to Popularize your most important Articles on astahost
- If you can give a lot of Original and Detailed information about a certain topic, Consider making a new Topic!
- Avoid SPAMMING at all costs. The WARNS/BANS will prove you very expensive!
- Percentage of time site owner's ads will display: 1%
- Percentage of time topic starter's ads will display: 49%
- Percentage of time last poster's ads will display: 11%
- Percentage of time any other poster's ads will display: 39%
Advertisements are presently visible to Logged in members and Guests. And only the advertisements shown on the Topic Pages are shared. The rest of the pages are not shared. (eg. Forum Index, Gallery etc) The Banner Ad (not link ads) shown on astahost (to guests) are not a part of this Revenue sharing program.
Important Point: No Ads are shown on the sites hosted by astahost/ComputingHost.com. This topic considers only the Ads displayed on this forum.
We welcome all contributing members to update your PUBLISHER CODE and grab your share of revenue by forum advertisements. Further instructions are explained in the link above :-)
The present Credit System is not affected due to this upgrade and is independent of this new revenue sharing service offered by us. We wish to see lot of joy & smiles this year of 2009!
Glad I can add kontera link to astahost now, but I doubt I will see much action on these forums because of my lack of posting here
Seems really a great offer, there are some things I still don't get:
1) When registering with Kontera, what will it show? my Site URL in the Ads? So as I understand it's only Kontera and not things like Google Ads?
2) I forgot the second question, but I guess it's something with Google ads or some other company Ads Or is Kontera something like Google Ads?
1. No it will show advertising links, its a bit like adsense except kontera uses pop up image link and then you earn revenue based on a single click. Correct, all you see is colored links and those will be the kontera ads and thats about it.
2. More or less but don't expect to earn a lot on the click though and so don't get your hopes up that you will $100 needed to cash in, but hopefully knowing the fact that your posts earn you money people will start posting more on astahost.
Is the advertising retroactive to all of the threads that I have made or does in only start with new posts beginning in January of 2009? I have several threads that I started here on Astahost that get consistent hits from Google but they are from a few years back.
It started the moment the mod was put in place and once you set up an account on kontera.
I just got everything setup and I will see if it is worth it. How will the earnings be paid? I am assuming it will go directly to Astahost which will then go toward MyCents or myEarnings.
No, you will be earning this money on your own, which means you could use it for MyCents but the odds are you making $100 that quickly are pretty low but if your running a website you might as well add kontera there and try to earn more revenue that way. Basically your earnings will be random and by chance because the mod will randomly go through all those who added there kontera account to this mod and so you just have to post more to help increase the odds of your link showing up. Of course the catch is that you never see your color link when you log in and this is set up as a way to prevent click fraud and stuff like that, but other then that any money you make goes directly to you.
Is this feature already active ?
In order to see how the TextLink Ads are displayed, I asked another member to have a look at my today's topic, and we saw nothing special, no TextLink in the topic page, nothing different with the Forum Index.
Where is this TextLink supposed to be located ?
Key words and randomly, of course to prevent further click fraud odds are only guests can see it and not the members themselves, of course if you click through enough topics or refresh a bunch of times you might see it.
Yes, I was wondering about that too, I also registered for fun I guess and it seems that there is nothing different to see, I browsed the forum logged off in different places and all it shows is google ads and link to computing host So maybe it's really not active yet?
Again the links will show up randomly and it will be by chance you might see a kontera link if your member but you see them more often as a guest.
If it works, while connected as Quatrux, you should see my TextLink Ads in the uploadingit.com topic : because I am the starter, as a registered user you should see it.
Else I am still sleeping, or I need to understand something.
Well you might have seen a TextLink ad, but it might not have been your text link ad, odds are your see other colors in your topics and thus people could earn money from your topics. That is how the adrevenue mod is set up to give everyone who signs up a chance to earn revenue from posting.
I thought these ads don't show to people with >100 posts, maybe thats why you guys aren't seeing the ads. Also did anyone earn anything yet? I wanna know how much mycents this can produce.
Odds are it was switch to only guests and admin can see the links and not the members themselves to help prevent click fraud.
I said I tried it while logged off, how can the forum know if I have > 100 posts when I'm a guest? And yordan said he asked his friend to do it, it maybe even had a different IP address.
From my understanding of this mod and how it is set up on trap, you never see your account color when logged in and maybe the IP address as well and you won't see it as a member. So basically you have to rely on the guests to earn you revenue or other members if they do click on your text link ad.
my bad, btw can you control the content of the ad? i mean if i wanted to make php tutorial for example, i'd like the add to be of that content so that people reading get interested enough to click. Programing is broad, so people reading C++ won't click on java adds.
It set up based on a keyword system so you can really force the ads to show what you want, but if you go to the kontera website you might be able to customize it somehow for your website but not on the forums.