Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:29 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  styleseye : (24 April 2014 - 02:28 PM) Https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geh4Rs-Boh8&feature=Youtu.be&h=Taqexxpem
@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!

Photo
- - - - -

Disable Annoying Information Bar In Ie Your current security settings put your computer at risk

25 replies to this topic

#1 wutske

wutske

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts
  • myCENTs:98.90

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Ever since Microsoft released SP2 I got realy annoyed by the fact the every single click has to be verified because the operating system thinks you are stiill a noob. One of the more annoying "features" is that windows asks everytime I want to open an executable that I downloaded or I want to run over the network. Strange enough, this is not a windows-feature but an Internet Explroer feature, so this is the place where we have to disable this.
Now, because Internet Explorer thinks mallware has changed this setting, it warns you in internet explorer with an message in the information bar ("Your current security settings put your computer at risk") taking up usefull space, so I wanted to disable this (and also because I know what I do and my system is still secure even tough Internet Explorer is trying to tell me it's not).

Anyway, I finaly found a way to disable the annoying security check:

How to get rid of the Annoying Information Bar in IE7

This tutorial is written for those experienced computer users who understand how to configure Internet Explorer Security Settings, and what all the settings mean. Internet Explorer 7 DOES improve security, however, for IT professionals who know what they are doing, IE7’s “improved security” is annoying and we can do without the idiotic “bloop” sounds and frustrating information bar popups

Windows XP Pro: Go to Start->Run->gpedit.msc

Double-click the “Turn off the Security Settings Check Feature” entry and choose “Enable

Explanation: This policy setting turns off the Security Settings Check feature, which checks Internet Explorer security settings to determine when the settings put Internet Explorer at risk. ( NOTE: this means that the annoying bar will not pop up) NO MORE ANNOYING INFORMATION BAR!!! If you enable this policy setting, the security settings check will not be performed. If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, the security settings check will be performed.

src: http://dev.robertmao...nformation-bar/

#2 turbopowerdmaxsteel

turbopowerdmaxsteel

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Gaming, Cricket, Listening to Music and watching action cartoons.
  • myCENTs:30.99

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

The information bar is kinda annoying. I don't like it when the bar is shown when a JavaScript redirect starts a file download - the system that is used by many websites with messages like "Click here if your download doesn't automatically start". The entire page has to be refreshed before IE initiates the download.

Thanks for sharing that info.

#3 FirefoxRocks

FirefoxRocks

• [HOSTED]
  • 988 posts
  • myCENTs:92.36

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

Personally, I don't mind the Information Bar when I am using Internet Explorer. It rarely comes up except for the occassional pop up window blocked or prompting me to run an add-on.

If Firefox or Opera had this functionality, this would be great (at least, for me).

Also, your tip requires Group Policy Editor, which can only be found in Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Vista Ultimate.

#4 levimage

levimage

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Photography, Audio, Computers, Games, Movies, Music
  • myCENTs:50.39

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:20 AM

Does this fix affect the current user or all users.. I'm just curious cause we have quite a few user accounts on the PC.

#5 wutske

wutske

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:58 AM

The information bar is kinda annoying. I don't like it when the bar is shown when a JavaScript redirect starts a file download - the system that is used by many websites with messages like "Click here if your download doesn't automatically start". The entire page has to be refreshed before IE initiates the download.

Thanks for sharing that info.

I don't know if this fixes that problem. It only disables the check for misconfigurations (eg. changing 'allow programs to run' from 'ask' to 'allow' ).

Personally, I don't mind the Information Bar when I am using Internet Explorer. It rarely comes up except for the occassional pop up window blocked or prompting me to run an add-on.

If Firefox or Opera had this functionality, this would be great (at least, for me).

Also, your tip requires Group Policy Editor, which can only be found in Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Vista Ultimate.

I hate it because it's always visible because I changed a setting that IE thinks is now unsafe.
About the group policy editor, your completelyl right about that, I'll see if I can find which registry key it changes :mellow:

Does this fix affect the current user or all users.. I'm just curious cause we have quite a few user accounts on the PC.

I suppose it does since the setting is in "computer settings > administrative templates"

#6 wutske

wutske

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

I have no idea if this will work for XP Home users since I only have XP Pro here, but this is the registry-way of disabling the information bar:

- Open regedit (Start > Run > regedit )
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Security
- If those key don't exist, you'll probably have to create them. They are case-sensitive !!!
- Now, create the following DWORD (CASE SENSITIVE !!!): DisableSecuritySettingsCheck
- Give this DWORD the value: 1

Btw, messing with the reigstry is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, one wrong move can be enough to mess up your whole computer. Everything you do in the registry is at your own risk.

Edited by wutske, 03 September 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#7 Atomic0

Atomic0

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 390 posts
  • myCENTs:92.30

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

Simply changing to another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari would remove the annoying information bar since these applications do not have one. It is probably more safe and secure not to use Internet Explorer anyway.

#8 wutske

wutske

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Simply changing to another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari would remove the annoying information bar since these applications do not have one. It is probably more safe and secure not to use Internet Explorer anyway.

I know, I never use Internet Explorer (Opera fan over here ;) ), but I need it when developping websites because cross-compatibility while using div's is one of my main goals. I found it realy annoying that IE7 kept using usefull space.

#9 Guest_(G)w3Rm_*

Guest_(G)w3Rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

SolvedDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

Just installed the IE8 and it have the same problem, among other annoying things.

But I just found a solution.

1) Click the X on the right top corner.

2) Go to Start, then Programs, then FIREFOX.

3) All my problems are now fixed.

Microsoft must be recruiting some BAD programmers. I couldn´t believe that after 30 seconds I was killing IE8. This must be a guiness record of some kind!

-reply by w3Rm

#10 Guest_(G)John_*

Guest_(G)John_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

? Internet 8Disable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

How do I disable the prompt that asks me if I want to close all of the tabs, or just the one tab?  I already talked to several people in India via Microsoft Support, and they could not answer the question.

I have Googled "disable IE 8 prompts" and yet I have not found a tutorial that informs me how to do this in simple English.  For example, is it dumb for me to expect to see (somewhere on the big ol' Internet) examples of all of the different IE 8 prompts, why they appear, and how to disable them if they are a nuisance which most are? 

-question by John

#11 wutske

wutske

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

? Internet 8

Disable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

<p>How do I disable the prompt that asks me if I want to close all of the tabs, or just the one tab?  I already talked to several people in India via Microsoft Support, and they could not answer the question.</p>
<p>I have Googled "disable IE 8 prompts" and yet I have not found a tutorial that informs me how to do this in simple English.  For example, is it dumb for me to expect to see (somewhere on the big ol' Internet) examples of all of the different IE 8 prompts, why they appear, and how to disable them if they are a nuisance which most are?  </p>

-question by John

<p> </p>

I don't know if it's changed in IE8, but in IE7 it's simple to do.
Just open the internet settings (press ALT-key first then go to: Extrz > Internet Settings). Near the bottom of the first tab you see Tab with a Settings button. Click it and you'll find the option to disable that question :o

#12 yordan

yordan

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

And in Firefox, in the Option, Tabs, there is a checkbox "warn me when i close several tags". Of course, it's always closed on my PC because I very often click on the general close X instead of clicking on the X closing the single tab I wanted to close (and absolutely NOT the other ones).

#13 Guest_(G)pete_*

Guest_(G)pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

remove information barDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

--------------------------------------------------------------------Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainFeatureControlFEATURE_SECURITYBAND]"(Reserved)"=dword:00000000"explorer.Exe"=dword:00000000"iexplore.Exe"=dword:00000000"wmplayer.Exe"=dword:00000000-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-reply by pete

#14 Guest_(G)InsiteFX_*

Guest_(G)InsiteFX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Well the above regedit doe's not work on my Windows Vista Premium SP2!

But I did find out how to turn it off...

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainFeatureControlFEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN

iexplore.Exe 0x00000001 (1)

Change to:

iexplore.Exe 0x00000000 (0)

No more Information Bar!

Enjoy

-reply by InsiteFX

#15 Guest_(G)_*

Guest_(G)_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

It does not change for all users. We have several users on a domain that can log into the computer and only 1 person has the pop up while the other users that login to the same machine, do not get the pop up.

#16 Guest_(G)John _*

Guest_(G)John _*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

I.E. wonDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

Suddenly I.E. Is disabling links to video or podcasts in web pages. Very annoying but I can't find the setting that allows them again. Any help will be appreciated. 

-question by John

#17 Guest_(G)Bryn_*

Guest_(G)Bryn_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

@ iGuest:

You Sir, are a legend. That HKLM setting of yours is the only way to successfully remove the: 'Add-ons currently disabled...' warning in IE8.

Kudos to you! 

-reply by Bryn

#18 Guest_(G)formerly-annoyed_*

Guest_(G)formerly-annoyed_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Thank you... it worksDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

the registry edit you gave works on Vista with IE8. I had to create the keys, but it worked perfectly. I normally use firefox, but I have a project that requires cross-browser usage, and it was driving me nuts! thank you.

-reply by formerly-annoyed

#19 Guest_(G)_*

Guest_(G)_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

So hereIs the run down;

FollowThis string: HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftInternet ExplorerSecurity

RightClick on security and select Creat new DWORD;

Type"DisableSecuritySettingsCheck" Without the quotes...

NowChange the value to equal 1 instead of 0

ProblemGone. I have investigated this for 2 hours now and no luck but the string doesn't exist, You have toCreat it, then set it to active witch is denoted by a value of 1

#20 Guest_(G)jason_*

Guest_(G)jason_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

disable ie8 information barDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

for the domain user,

You have to disable the ie8 informaion bar by setting a gpo on the server to disable the seurity feature.  I am not in front of my server at the moment but this is how I would do it.

Create a new GPO on the domain where the users are in AD.

tie the gpo setting to the OU which has the affected users.

all users in the OU in AD will have the same settings no matter where they login on the domain.

problem should be solved.

"To steal ideas from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research" 

-reply by jason

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users