Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Walmart Photo Center

24 replies to this topic

#1 trinifawk

trinifawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

Walmart promises to have "Always low prices, always", but using their services has its disadvantages. Sometimes I just feel like Walmart really doesn't care about the consumers who shop there. I recently bought some Duracell batteries at Walmart, and on the cover said to see inside for a code to receive 20 free prints from their photo center.

I open the pack of batteries, and there it was: A code to enter to receive the free prints. I go online on the walmart photo center website to order the free prints, and they tell me that the page cannot be displayed due to some internal error. This was AFTER I had entered my code.

I try again, and they say that the code had already been used. I doubt that someone could have guessed my code to get free photo prints from walmart, so I decided to write to customer service.

I explained my problem on their customer service page, and up to this day, 5 days later, I haven't received any sort of feedback from them.

I plan on going into my local Walmart and asking the manager if I could receive my free prints. I don't know if it will work, but I could have just gotten my batteries at Target where customer service is alot better.

I guess the lesson is if you're willing to shop at Walmart, then be willing to get bad service.

Best,
Trinifawk

#2 altimit

altimit

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

Hi trinifawk,

That really sucks. From my own experience, writing to support online sometimes takes very long; maybe due to the nature of the media itself. Your mail may get put-off, or just sitting there unprocessed.

Whenever less-than-par service happens to me, I make it a point to actually call them or appear personally. It almost always guarantees faster service.

What do you think?

#3 yordan

yordan

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• [MODERATOR]
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

I guess that this could be faster solved by the commercial guys instead of the online support.
I guess that online support people don't really know if you are not cheating, trying to use twice the same code.
I think that if you try to reach the sales people, and explain them "your site destroyed my free print codes without giving me the prints", and ask them to give you another working code ("please"!), they will probably agree.

#4 Jeigh

Jeigh

Whitest Black Mage

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • Interests:My interests are my hobbies, and ironically enough my hobbies are my interests. I'm quite interested in my hobbies, much more so then my interests... but I spend more time with my interests as my hobbies are often rude with me so I don't enjoy talking to them as much.
  • myCENTs:93.97

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

While I'm normally the last person to defend Walmart, I have to in this case. While I agree it sucks that it happened to you, and I hope you get a response soon, your blame seems a little harsh. I mean, a technological error caused your code to be wasted after it was listed as 'used' which is understand, poorly designed maybe but understandable that it could hypothetically happen if the connection died at the worst possible time. Furthermore this is only a tiny aspect of the photo center or the store as a whole, so calling them down because of it is a little much ;) Hopefully you get your free pics but I've used walmart for photo printing lots of times and have yet to have any problems.

#5 docduke

docduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

I also agree that Walmart has its limitations, but what it does provide is valuable. I use their online photo entry for prints both when I am in a hurry (1-hour service) and when I am not ($0.09/ 4x6 print), 1-week turnaround. Either way, it costs less than color printing on high-quality paper!

I have learned to live with their limitations. For example, their "crop" tool reformats arbitrarily to fit the geometry of 4x6, 8x10, etc. It seldom does what you want. So instead, I use Picasa from Google to do the cropping. It lets you configure the crop exactly as you wish. Then I upload the result to Walmart and the print comes out as I want it.

#6 Jeigh

Jeigh

Whitest Black Mage

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • Interests:My interests are my hobbies, and ironically enough my hobbies are my interests. I'm quite interested in my hobbies, much more so then my interests... but I spend more time with my interests as my hobbies are often rude with me so I don't enjoy talking to them as much.
  • myCENTs:93.97

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

The value is a good point, I've recently started looking at even sale prices of photo printing paper and ink and the prices rarely will allow it to be more cheaply printed at home. Further the quality is suspect if your printer isn't of a proper quality level so at least with Walmart you get consistent results in a relatively fast manner as you said.

#7 Guest_iGuest-_*

Guest_iGuest-_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

Why can
Walmart Photo Center

I'm very stressed. I've had pictures developed by Walmart and always been pleased. I usually get a cd, in case I want to make more prints. Recently I started just getting the cd. I had 5 grandsons 8 and under visiting with me for a week, so I took 3 Scandisks full of pictures of the little ones playing. I now go to look at the cds and NONE of them are readable by any of my 3 computers. I'm very upset. What is the problem. I use PhotoShop. I also went tot he Walmart site and tried to upload them to their site - no luck. Someone please help me. I cannot reenact this opportunity of having all the boys from different states come to play at this age. My heart is broken.

#8 Guest_iGuest-Emma_*

Guest_iGuest-Emma_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

DVD transfers from videotapes
Walmart Photo Center

I've recently been sending my home videtapes to be transferred to DVDs. I sent some through Walgreens and got great quality DVDs back. One day they were out of the ordering envelopes and so I thought I'd try Walmart. I sent 4 tapes. They took forever to get returned. Not only that but the DVD cases were broken and dented. I noticed the packaging was just a plastic envelope. Walmart doesn't compare to Walgreens at all as far as this service is concerned. I will never send another tape via Walmart.

-reply by Emma

#9 Guest_(G)Mike_*

Guest_(G)Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

Try thisWalmart Photo Center

Try loading them back into photoshop. If you can see them there, save them as JPG files.

You should have been able to save them directly from scan disk to computer or CD without using photoshop. That may be a better bet.

-reply by Mike

#10 Guest_(G)dee jacobs_*

Guest_(G)dee jacobs_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

I downloaded walmart photo center thinking it would let me just play the cd with my pictures that they put on their cd, but I still cannot get it to show the pictures on my commuter. What am I doing wrong.  I  used to just put the cd in and it would give me options to play, etc. Now it does nothing. I hope this does not tstake forever to hear from you.  thanks  

-reply by dee jacobs

#11 Guest_(G)rachele_*

Guest_(G)rachele_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

photoshopped photos/getting them printed.Walmart Photo Center

I download my photoshopped photos (as jpegs) onto a cd I double check the cd to make sure all the photos are there. I get to the printing shops (usually wall mart or wall greens) and only 3 or 4 out the of the 40 or so are there. ...Could anyone help me out. I would say it was a photoshop issue but the fact that 3 of the 40 do register is a mystery and VERY stressful! help.

-reply by rachele

#12 Guest_(G)Kelly Wally_*

Guest_(G)Kelly Wally_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Ordering prints online with photo managerWalmart Photo Center

I have Walmart Photo Manager installed on my computer and have used it in the past to order prints at my local store.  Now for some reason it will not allow me to order, it gives me a message saying the internet is not available, even though I am online.  HELP!

-question by Kelly Wally

#13 Guest_(G)Tammy_*

Guest_(G)Tammy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

Same ProblemWalmart Photo Center

I'm having the same problem as Kelly Wally.  The software worked fine for many months and then one day, I am unable to order prints.  A window comes up that says: "This feature requires access to the internet, which appears to be unavailable.  Please make sure you have Internet access enabled and restart the application"  But the internet is working fine.  In fact I can upload pictures in the Share window, but the Order Prints window won't let me proceed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-reply by Tammy

#14 Guest_(G)Holly_*

Guest_(G)Holly_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

Dark PrintsWalmart Photo Center

I normally love the convenience of Wal-Mart Photo Center. But I have come to notice that if I do ANY editing in any software program like Photoshop, it can even be just to remove red eyes and fix a blemish and my prints end up printing darker than what they look on my computer. I've uploaded some of my floral pictures that I have done some work in to my only gallery and they look amazing, and identical to the look on my saved version on my computer. I've viewed the uploaded versions on other computers and they look identical. But if I have them printed for my physical portfolio, they print out darker and I find myself just disappointed...

-reply by Holly

#15 Guest_(G)Holly_*

Guest_(G)Holly_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

Dark PrintsWalmart Photo Center

I normally love the convenience of Wal-Mart Photo Center. But I have come to notice that if I do ANY editing in any software program like Photoshop, it can even be just to remove red eyes and fix a blemish and my prints end up printing darker than what they look on my computer. I've uploaded some of my floral pictures that I have done some work in to my only gallery and they look amazing, and identical to the look on my saved version on my computer. I've viewed the uploaded versions on other computers and they look identical. But if I have them printed for my physical portfolio, they print out darker and I find myself just disappointed...

-reply by Holly

#16 Guest_(G)Michael L Boggs_*

Guest_(G)Michael L Boggs_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

copying old family picture.Walmart Photo Center

I have a picture of my gggrandfather taken between 1861 and 1864 in the civil war. An old tin type. Taken by only God know who and only God know where. He was a medal of honor winner with the 7th Ind Vol at the battle of the wilderness. Other in the family have a copy and we would like to have some more copy's to share with other in the family, (not for profit.) I only would like to have a copy of the picture to show the grand kid. But the Vandalia Wal Mart will not let me copy it saying that it is copyrighted. Since the picture was made and pay for by my gggrandfather I'm sure he would have liked for us to have a copy of it. I think that it falls under the fair use section of the copyright law. And also I think that wal mart is losing money by not letting old picture like that by copied.

Thank you

Michael L Boggs

#17 levimage

levimage

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Photography, Audio, Computers, Games, Movies, Music
  • myCENTs:50.39

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, them photo kiosks do have their limitations. When I got my first point and shoot I tried Ritz Camera, Walmart, and Walgreens. Sam's club was also an option but I'm not a member. Well they all had the same machines, expect walmarts kodak machine I never used. They all used the Fuji film and the back of the photos say Fuji film crystal archive. Since the machinery is the same what is the difference.

Well that depends on the user. Which method did you use to print the photos? Were they done using the kiosk, did you hand the staff your memory card, or were they submitted online? If done online or via software cd's you may have some options to alter the brightness, color, gamma, etc. What you want to be concern about are the auto adjustment or color enhancements. This is especially true if you are taking pictures for a proft for someone else or making prints for display. The auto adjustments can make skin tones to rich in color even yellow teeth and eyes. They also try to enhance the contrast by making images too dark on the ends and blowing out the whites in an effort to make pictures vibrant.

Another thing is each picture taken has the EXIF data which is information of the camera and light conditions the picture was taken. Some editing program have the option of saving EXIF info or removing it after editing. The Fuji printer usually interpret this information depending if the the auto settings are automatically applied - usually are. So even though you make the corrections again to reprint, the Fuji's auto enhancement settings will overide them.

So what do you do? Well that depends on what you are trying to accomplish and the knowledge of the printer operator that using the machine at the time. When I do real dark flyers, low key photos, and dark saturated business cards. I ask them to hold off on my que. When I am adding them to the machine. Once I submitt the print job I ask them to pull it up on their machine and tell them (staff) they need to be printing right, so turn off the auto image, auto contrast, and auto color enhancements. We then do some color test prints - cause I am only paying for what comes out right. After making sure the output is correct, I then make sure all images are have the proper crops because their printer server console and much more refined cropping options. Depending upon who's working they let me go to town on my pictures.

No the last and very important fact when it comes to the quality of photo output is the Fuji photo printer maintenance. Who does it? And are their proper color and alignment pages printed? How often? If the operators are not this smart or were revealed such knowledge you can always create you own test pages for color charts, moire, various gradients, etc., which I recommend if you are serious about the cost and quality of your photo outputs.

Well this photo bug is stepping off his soapbox,

Levimage :)

#18 Guest_(G)Dave_*

Guest_(G)Dave_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Copyright NonsenseWalmart Photo Center

I ordered some prints on-line and when they were ready, the sales associate called to tell me that because the photos looked "too good" I would need a Copyright form signed by the photography studio showing ownership transfer to me. I explained that I took them and thanked her for the compliment but she still would not let me have them. I told her this was time-sensitive and asked to speak with a manager. She said he would not help me without the form.  I canceled my order, went to CVS and had them printed there.  There was no question, hassle or problem at all.   I own an on-line photo fixing and  restoration website and I usually refer my customers to take their finished product to the Wal Mart online photo center to get them printed.  Not any more.  I will send them anywhere else from now on.

-reply by Dave

#19 Guest_(G)Suone_*

Guest_(G)Suone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

Picture QualityWalmart Photo Center

I remember as a child, Walmart always provided great photos with those cheap disposable cameras. Well, other than growing up, I've upgraded from disposable cameras to a Nikon. I just received my photos, every single one of them was pixelated. I'm unpleased with the quality of the photos and to have a rep state that it's due to my camera...Well let's just say I won't be returning there anymore.

-reply by Suone

#20 Guest_(G)Susan_*

Guest_(G)Susan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

can video clips be saved to a cd at the walmart photo center?Walmart Photo Center

I have a new Panasonic digital camera that does not appear to be completely compatible with my operating system. It takes FOREVER to copy my pictures and video clips to my computer. I thought I would see if I could get around this by taking the sd card to the Walmart Photo Center and burning a cd. While I was working on it the screen said photos and videos and never did I get a message saying that my videos were not being saved. I brought the cd home and put it in my computer. I can see a picture of what is contained in the video clip, but the video does not play. Am I doing something wrong?

-question by Susan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users