Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.

Photo
- - - - -

Netware 3.12

2 replies to this topic

#1 nightfox

nightfox

NiGHTFoX - Hiding in the dark

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Anyone here from the good old days of NetWare 3.12? I'm stuck in a hard situation. I need to load disk drivers for my much newer server. Anyways, here's the server specs:

-Pentium III 900MHz
-512 MB RAM
-40 Gig IDE hard drive

Ok, so at the server terminal screen I see this:

XERGE:_

Which is the terminal prompt, duh, as I know Linux and obviously "Xerge" is the server name.

Ok, now when I try to load disk drivers using the command LOAD IDE (I'm assuming this is correct since it is an IDE hard drive) I then get:

Loading module IDE.DSK
NetWare IDE Device Driver
Version 3.12 April 26, 1993
Copyright 1993 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
Supported I/O port values are 1F0, 1E8, 168
I/O port: 1F0

Then leaving the 1F0 part and pressing enter, I then get:

Supported interrupt number values are E, F, C, A
Interrupt number: E

I then leave it default and press enter and I'm back to the XERGE: prompt. From which I issue the command:

LOAD C:\SERVER.312\INSTALL

Which runs the INSTALL program. Then under the Installation Options menu, I go to Disk Options, then Partition Tables but then I ALWAYS get:

There are no accessible disk drives, check to see that the drives are properly attached, turned on, and that the correct disk drivers are loaded. Press ALT-ESC to switch to the console screen if you need to load a disk driver. (Press ESCAPE To Continue)

Any idea? I'm probably going to check about NetWare 5.1 tomorrow since I'm sure we're not running it and so the license should be able to be used. I'm not a Novell NetWare expert and any assistance is really appreciated! I need to learn NetWare for a class (actually a club in which we compete at state and national levels) and right now, I'm stuck!

Thanks!

[N]F

#2 xboxrulz

xboxrulz

Colonel Panic

• Members
  • 3,057 posts
  • myCENTs:59.15

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:28 PM

it's best to use Novell SuSE Linux because Novell has ditched their old NetWare Operating System.

If you don't want to try that, you should try putting in a light OS like FreeDOS, if you want DOS like command system and/or drivers.

xboxrulz

#3 nightfox

nightfox

NiGHTFoX - Hiding in the dark

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:40 PM

it's best to use Novell SuSE Linux because Novell has ditched their old NetWare Operating System.

If you don't want to try that, you should try putting in a light OS like FreeDOS, if you want DOS like command system and/or drivers.

xboxrulz

I know. Except I can't use Open Enterprise Server because the contest is over NetWare (actually, NetWare 6.5) but I can't use NetWare 6.5 because the license is in use so I'm restricted to all the old versions of NetWare my school ran. Instead, I'm trying this 37 floppy disk boxed set. So far, no luck.

UPDATE: I gave up trying to install a 13-year old operating system on a 5-year old computer. Since my school loves NetWare, I'm using our old copy of NetWare 5.1. Since the licenses weren't in use, I was allowed to use them. The only problem I ran into was a non-compatible network card (NetGear FA311 which is only compatible with NetWare 4.10, 4.11 and 5.0) and I couldn't get the drivers to work so I purchased a compatible network card and it's being shipped to me. Other than that, I'm good to go!

[N]F

Edited by nightfox, 07 October 2006 - 10:30 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users