Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM) Hey, Ritesh, Did You Hear Me?
@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.

Photo
- - - - -

Opera Opera vs IE vs Firefox

72 replies to this topic

#1 ELTan

ELTan

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

i read the forum, i get a lot people discuss IE vs Firefox. i wonder why nobody mentioned about Opera?
personally i being the user of the 3 browser listed above and would like to share my opinion to all members about Opera.

IE is my first using broswer after netscape navigator. i really impress by IE stablity and speed compare with netscape. therefore i being using it for more than 5 years.

After IE i try firefox for few month after get it information on newspaper, i download it immediately and try it. well ... it is much more stable than IE but i cant feel it provide me the speed faster than IE.

Now i would to recomend Opera, i being using it for more than one year. now even i install 3 browser in my computer but i just using OPERA. the main reason is like below:

1. Opera is the 1st browser which support Tabbed browsing, where i can Surf the Web easier and faster by opening multiple Web pages within the same application window.

2. It build in Pop-up blocking. Opera lets you control whether to block all pop-ups, or open only the ones that you have requested.

3. It intergrated with google search.

4.BitTorrent, You don't need a separate BitTorrent application to download large files. Simply click a torrent link and start the download.

5.Thumbnail preview....It is easy to have many tabs open at once in Opera. But exactly which tab had that video you wanted? Hover your mouse on any tab to see a thumbnail preview.

6.Zoom the contents of any Web page from 20%-1000% using the zoom dropdown or the + and - keys.

7. It provide me the speed...i feel my computer never lag when i using Opera compare iwith the other 2 browser.

8.It never go crash so frequently compare with IE

9. The best ting i like is it can save the seasons i use the opera, so everytime i open opera i can go to the previous pages automatically....even i open 10 tab before...therefore i no need to re-type the address...just like my ASTAHOST forum will always at one of my tab once i open opera.

The point i listed up above just some point i feel great as i am an ultimate end user. howerver i not so good in tecnical aspect.

i hope u can have a try at www.opera.com

#2 Mark420

Mark420

The Modernator

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

I’m with you there ...been using Opera for years (about6) because I used to be on dial up and Opera has a feature at one click to disable all images on the screen and just display the text...perfect for reading the news before you goto work ;)

Its mad me laugh SOO much at all these converts to Firefox..they are going around like its some new religion!!
WTF !! Opera users have had ALL the features Firefox boasts about for hmm let me see..3 years now!!!

Opera is constantly innovating and constantly leading the rest in terms of compatability..Ever heard of the Acid test? this tests your browsers compatability against the web standards..

Question Can you click on this link The Acid Test and see a Smiley face and Hello World!? only Opera 9 users can :D))
No other browser on the market including Firefox and Ie7 FAIL this compatability test!

I can bang on about all the extra features that Firefox just doesnt have..I can bang on about IE being buggy.. I can bang on about having Opera in windows Linux and on my phone..but I wont;)

Download Opera...Wise up!!!

THE BROWSER FOR THE INTERNET!!

"The first step to healing is admitting you have a browser problem"

#3 webintern

webintern

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

I use both Firefox and Opera, so I cannot be considered a zealot for any particular browser. The only one I disdain is the infamous Internet Explorer.

I really like the speed of Opera, its user interface, its responsiveness, its memory management (i.e., no memory leak as found in Firefox), its inclusion of innovative features, etc. On the other hand, I must confess that I use Firefox more often than Opera for several reasons. This is more a practical choice, than a passioned desire to join the band of Firefox fans. My most compelling reason to use Firefox is extensibility. There are millions (okay, I exaggerate) of extensions out there that allow me to customize Firefox into a highly efficient tool that suits my particular needs. Among a host of others, these include extensions that modify the way websites are presented, interact with Notebook or del.icio.us, write blogs, tweak Google, etc. And for all the features mentioned in the posts above, an extension can provide Firefox with that capability. I looked through the Opera Widgets and was largely unimpressed.

The best of both worlds would be the Opera browser with extensibility as broad and deep as Firefox. I love both browsers, but Firefox currently edges slightly above Opera for me. :D

#4 BitShift

BitShift

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

Wow I just downloaded Opera and it even looks alot nicer then Firefox.

What I love about firefox are all the useful extensioins, like with google and stuff.

Does Opera also have all those?

#5 ELTan

ELTan

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:33 AM

yes. opera build in google search engine at it web browser. however it didt support certain format of web pages such google spreedsheet. but i think this is not a big problem as we can notice that the developer of opera update this browser constantly.

#6 BooZker

BooZker

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

I didn't even know what opera was until this year from Trap 17. Someone said that my site was having issues on Opera browsers so i downloaded it to fix the problems. I loved the browser because unlike netscape and firefox it doesn't take anytime to load. The tabbed browsing is better then the new IE because the new IE has lots of bugs. So it left me with Opera and i love it. I never use IE except when some sites don't accept it. I will always use Opera unless something better then it comes out which i doubt.

#7 demolaynyc

demolaynyc

Premium Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:28 AM

Alright, just downloaded the Opera just to find out if it's better than IE6 which I know is the least stable browser, but it was pretty fast. I know moving to Firefox is just stupid because it sucks even more than Internet Explorer because my MySpace profile laways gets messed up. Unlike this one it isn't.

I'm using Opera right now and it's slower than IE6 but I'll give it some time maybe it'll become faster as the time goes by. BTW I like the simplicity of this browser and its clean skin. I'm pretty impressed by its Voice activated features but I soon found it rather time consuming and pointless.

#8 Chesso

Chesso

Teh Coder

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • Interests:Software Programming, Web Programming, Skateboarding, Gaming and My Fiance!
  • myCENTs:89.25

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

Heh heh Opera may have had it first but people just coming into it wouldn't care less. FireFox and probably Internet Explorer has most if not all of that and more of it's own by now.

Maybe 3 years ago people would have cared but when people are switching now those features are there and present today :).

#9 demolaynyc

demolaynyc

Premium Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

Ok it's been a day it's still slow. But I'm gonna keep it just because of it.

#10 beatgammit

beatgammit

Member - Active Contributor

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:35 AM

I use Firefox almost exclusively because more web developers take Firefox into consideration than Opera or Safari. I don't even talk about IE because it is so unstable and also does not adhere to conventions correctly. Most web applications work for Firefox now, but I cannot say the same about Opera and Safari, but things are getting better with the advent of AJAX. Web developers are starting to build applications that are truly cross-platform, but until then, I will use a bit higher-profile browser like Firefox than Opera or Safari.

#11 Kardus

Kardus

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

Opera is definately the second choice for me, but I continue to use firefox because of the valuable extentions and support. IE compromises security too much. Furthermore, Firefox is open source which gives experienced users the ability to tweak it to their likings.

#12 toby

toby

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

Kardus has a point, like comparing mIRC to *****X. But I'm sure mIRC has more downloads.

Opera isn't that different from FF, in over 99% of cases, if it displays in IE and is W3 valid it will show well in FF and perfect in Opera.

#13 FirefoxRocks

FirefoxRocks

• [HOSTED]
  • 988 posts
  • myCENTs:92.36

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

I use Firefox and Opera the same amount. Internet Explorer is just for using "Windows Live" stuff, although that is more supportive towards Firefox.

Opera is an excellent browser that is similar to the Mozilla/SeaMonkey suite of applications, only with more improved features. I like using Opera for IRC chat and everything else.

The only thing that ticks me off abotu Opera is the weird caching and its inability to send NeoMails.

I also use Avant Browser, Maxthon, Netscape, SeaMonkey and sometimes Internet Explorer in addition to Firefox and Opera. I have a lot of browsers installed on my PC. You should try all of them.

#14 Quatrux

Quatrux

the Q

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:PHP, MySQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, C# Computers, Alternative OS, Amiga, MorphOS, Beer, Friends, Linux, KDE..
  • myCENTs:30.76

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

I also use Avant Browser, Maxthon, Netscape, SeaMonkey and sometimes Internet Explorer in addition to Firefox and Opera. I have a lot of browsers installed on my PC. You should try all of them.

But Avant Browser, Maxthon is the same IE, I mean it is using the IE engine and if you want to test your website with a different browser you won't find anything new, same with Netscape, SeaMonkey it is using Mozilla engine.. I mean the Gecko rendering engine..

If you want to have different browsers, you need to have different engines, so that is Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Konqueror, even though I don't remember if Konqueror and Safari use the same khtml engine, maybe not, maybe yes, but I think not, due to everyone calls it safari engine and khtml engine :) also Amaya from w3c and Dillo has different engines and on other operating systems IBrowse, AWeb and Voyager has different engines, even though those three doesn't support CSS yet and maybe won't ever support it :D

#15 knight17

knight17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

But Maxthon is really a great browser that sits upon the Internet Explorer engine, it uses a very little memmory and is vey stable.It also have features like ad blocking etc..

But Avant Browser, Maxthon is the same IE, I mean it is using the IE engine and if you want to test your website with a different browser you won't find anything new, same with Netscape, SeaMonkey it is using Mozilla engine.. I mean the Gecko rendering engine..

#16 quinciest

quinciest

Member [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

i prefer mozilla because it's free
i like free stuff and mozilla didn't make disappointed

#17 aeon

aeon

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Blogging,digging,Reading

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

my rating
Posted Image

#18 Guest_jlhaslip_*

Guest_jlhaslip_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

I got this message when I tried to view that linked picture:

The image “http://publish.it168.com/2006/0720/images/9376.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

#19 foolakadugie

foolakadugie

Premium Member

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:33 AM

I use firefox the most, but I do also use Opera. I just wish that Opera would give in and allow extensions. The current widgets just don't do anything for me.
I use firefox extensions every day when working. They make me more productive and just speed up my work flow. I feel deprived in a browser without them.
Opera has some great features, but without those extensions it can't be my number one browser. Opera has a nicer interface and I just sort of which that I could
use it more often.

#20 Zlash

Zlash

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

i dont like opera that much. I use IE myself, but I dont have much against Firefox. Opera however is a bit out of my taste. There are many foreign fonts that Opera don't support so some webpages don't appear properly. At least they didn't when I stopped using Opera. Firefox is a better choice for those who want to quit IE because of safety. However it has been said that there are appearing exploits on firefox now and not only IE

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users