Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Problems With PHP/Joomla On Hosted Site PHP sevred pages are blank in Firefox, network error in Safari

9 replies to this topic

#1 evought

evought

Premium Member

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • myCENTs:65.48

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

I am having some odd problems with my hosted site. They started sometime yesterday. I have not made any changes for about two weeks.

In Firefox, the index page (index.php) for Joomla comes up blank. I can access my Control Panel and can check that the files are there and look correct. No favorites icon is displayed either and the page source is empty. In Safari, I get the favorites icon but then get a network error and a blank page ("Safari can’t open the page “http://mistymanor.astahost.com/”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.")

Can someone verify that my site works/does not work from your location? It might be something upstream from me causing the problem, but, obviously, Astahost itself loads fine.

#2 pyost

pyost

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • myCENTs:67.69

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

I have encountered this problem before. I'll try to find the answer, just give me some time.

#3 CaptainRon

CaptainRon

Premium Member

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

ur site seems to come up fine at my place... no probs at all. (with FireFox and IE both)

#4 pyost

pyost

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:26 PM

15 minutes ago it wasn't working :D What did you do to fix it? As far as I found out, those problems happen when installing some components/modules, and also have to do with the configuration.php file.

The $mosConfig_live_site URL should start with http:// and $mosConfig_absolute_path should't end with a /

#5 evought

evought

Premium Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

15 minutes ago it wasn't working :D What did you do to fix it? As far as I found out, those problems happen when installing some components/modules, and also have to do with the configuration.php file.

The $mosConfig_live_site URL should start with http:// and $mosConfig_absolute_path should't end with a /

Site is still (or again) dead for me. I have not touched anything (at all) on the site for over two weeks since I have been too busy, so it should not be configuration. I just looked through configuration.php as well and it looks fine. I have an offline message that should show up if the site was down.

#6 pyost

pyost

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

I have no idea.. Try refreshing :D It's now working fine for me.

#7 evought

evought

Premium Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

I have no idea.. Try refreshing :D It's now working fine for me.

Hmmm... nope, possibly some sort of network error. At least if other people can see my site, it's not as bad. Something interesting: if I load http://mistymanor.astahost.com/ , the redirect to index.php does not happen. I think that rules out a PHP problem. Hopefully it will just go away.

#8 evought

evought

Premium Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

Hmmm... nope, possibly some sort of network error. At least if other people can see my site, it's not as bad. Something interesting: if I load http://mistymanor.astahost.com/ , the redirect to index.php does not happen. I think that rules out a PHP problem. Hopefully it will just go away.

Well, whatever it is went away his morning. Go figure.

#9 Guest_(G)Jack Laufer_*

Guest_(G)Jack Laufer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

Joomla Sites - Server SettingsProblems With PHP/Joomla On Hosted Site

While using firefox, if it takes too long to upload a page on my joomla site, I get a blank screen and a message that asks me if I would like to open my index.Php file. The file is empty, however. All the files seem to uploaded to the server correctly. I'm thinking maybe it's some type of setting on the server that needs tweeking. Any suggestions? I've run Joomla sites before and have never encountered this issue.

-reply by Jack Laufer

#10 Guest_(G)Stephanie_*

Guest_(G)Stephanie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

Suggestion for blank screenProblems With PHP/Joomla On Hosted Site

I had this issue and came across an extremely useful article from Joomla Digger.

Steps

1.  Turn Error Reporting to Maximum

Log into your domain.Com/administrator, go to: Global Configuration. Click on the Server tab and find the Error Reporting setting. Change Error Reporting to Maximum and click Save.

2. Browse back to your site's home page.(the error log will collect useful data about the error/s)

3. Navigate to your File Manager and view your error_log.  This may have several lines with date/time of error.

Example:

[05-Aug-2009 12:22:17] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (...) in /home/.../modules/mod_jw_ts/mod_jw_ts.Php on line 48

In this case, it was a mod I had just installed, I identified it, uninstalled it and the site was back up.

Hope this helps!

-reply by Stephanie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users