Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Firefox Update Anyone else having trouble with Flash player now?

12 replies to this topic

#1 carny gal

carny gal

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:03 PM

I recently updated Firefox, my favorite browser. Now, it will not install the flash player.

Didn't notice if it was when Adobe picked up Macromedia or if it's the Firefox update.

Anyone else having similar problems?

#2 szupie

szupie

S.P.A.M.S.W.A.T.

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Did you have Flash plugin installed on your Firefox before? Which version of Firefox did you update from? I did get an update from 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.0.2, but it didn't mess up my Flash plugin.

Now, it will not install the flash player.

Why are you trying to reinstall it?

#3 wutske

wutske

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,443 posts
  • myCENTs:98.90

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

You can also try to do it manually: http://www.macromedi...=ShockwaveFlash

#4 nekkab

nekkab

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:36 AM

maybe goto https://addons.mozil...irefox/plugins/

#5 agentblade

agentblade

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

I've updated my firefox and flash still works fine..

but my friend had something weird happening to her after she updated firefox. It seems like her scrollbar arrows dissappeared..

#6 finaldesign

finaldesign

[+] Graphic Designer [+]

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, 3d Modeling, DTP, Computer Software, Music composition & Remix...etc...

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:42 PM

I had some issues with firefox, when I updated it, it start to work very slow at some point, and start eating processor usage... so after restart thing worked OK.

#7 WeaponX

WeaponX

Way Out Of Control - You need a life :)

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • myCENTs:86.41

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

Make sure you have the latest update for that Firefox Flash extension (if it was indeed a plug-in from the Firefox extension site). To check, go into Firefox->Tools->Extensions and click on the Flash entry (if it's there, if not, then you most likely have the Flash player downloaded for Firefox instead of the extension). Does it say anything about not being compatible with this version of Firefox? If it does, click on the Find Updates button and see if there are any available updates for this new version of Firefox.

#8 Guest_iGuest-mode_*

Guest_iGuest-mode_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

I think its not possible to install flash player as a plug-in to Firefox3. You need to install it manually to the system! this is my understanding!
-mode-

-reply by mode

#9 Biziman

Biziman

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

I recently updated Firefox, my favorite browser. Now, it will not install the flash player.

Didn't notice if it was when Adobe picked up Macromedia or if it's the Firefox update.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I had a problem playing flash videos also on firefox but I was directed to <a href="http://www.macromedi...ash">Macromedia flash Player</a> where I downloaded the flash player plugin, and from the firefox's download menu I clicked the flash player plug-in setup and it installed the plug in.NB.: When installing the flash player plug-in you have to close all firefox windows, even firefox's download window.

For easy installation, when you have downloaded the flash player plug-in setup, run it by clicking on it from the firefox's download window, and when the setup is running close all the firefox windows including the firefox's download window.

After it has it has installed try playing a flash video on your browser.
Please re-post and say whether you have succeded to install the flash player plug-in or not.

To manually download the flash player plug-in, click here <a href="http://www.macromedi...ash">Macromedia flash Player</a>

For more support, click here <a href="http://www.macromedi...r/">flashplayer support</a>

#10 Biziman

Biziman

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Anyone else having similar problems?[/quote]

I had a problem playing flash videos also on firefox but I was directed to Macromedia Flash Player where I downloaded the flash player plugin, and from the firefox's download menu I clicked the flash player plug-in setup and it installed the plug in.NB.: When installing the flash player plug-in you have to close all firefox windows, even firefox's download window.

For easy installation, when you have downloaded the flash player plug-in setup, run it by clicking on it from the firefox's download window, and when the setup is running close all the firefox windows including the firefox's download window.

After it has it has installed try playing a flash video on your browser.
Please re-post and say whether you have succeded to install the flash player plug-in or not.

To manually download the flash player plug-in, click here Macromedia Flash Player

For more support, click here Flash Player support"

Edited by Biziman, 19 January 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#11 Atomic0

Atomic0

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 390 posts
  • myCENTs:92.30

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

I don't think you can install through the Firefox Missing Plugins wizard, since it errors most of the time and links you to the manual download method. The manual download method, involving the running of the setup executable, is the best one to use, since it directly copies the plugin files required by Adobe Flash Player straight into the appropriate plugin folders for Mozilla Firefox. Using this manual method, I have had no problems with Adobe Flash Player running in Mozilla Firefox, although recently I installed Adobe Flash CS4 which included a debug version that regularly prompts error because of inappropriate coding in Flash files being played within.

#12 Quatrux

Quatrux

the Q

• [HOSTED]
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:PHP, MySQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, C# Computers, Alternative OS, Amiga, MorphOS, Beer, Friends, Linux, KDE..
  • myCENTs:30.76

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

I seem to be using the latest version of Firefox and I don't have any problems with using flash player, I can browse youtube.com or see some sites using flash and it works as it used to work.. I never had any trouble using flash on Windows.

To add, some people said that Opera had some issues with flash player, but I also never had any trouble using flash on Windows with Opera since the 7 version.. maybe it's different on Linux.

#13 ygadiya2000

ygadiya2000

Newbie [ Level 1 ]

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

I was having same problem Firefox does not update the flash player automatically
You need to download flash update and then install it on your System(PC).
It ask you to shutdown Firefox before installing it.
You can check this on adobe website.

Hope this solves your problem

------------------
Yogesh Gadiya

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users