Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Status Bar Effect Have your own text running in the status bar

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rohan Ramanath

Rohan Ramanath

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

Insert this code into the head of your page and the second script in the body tag of your page
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var speed = 50
var pause = 2000
var timerID = null
var bannerRunning = false
var ar = new Array()
ar[0] = "This template was designed by solutions4u and for more templates please do visit www.solutions4u.co.nr"
//Change var www.DesignerWiz.com bannerRunning message
var currentMessage = 0
var offset = 0
function stopBanner() {
	if (bannerRunning)
	clearTimeout (timerID)
	bannerRunning = false
}
function startBanner() {	stopBanner()
	showBanner()

}
function showBanner() {
	var text = ar[currentMessage]
	if (offset < text.length) {
	if (text.charAt(offset) == " ")
		offset++
		var partialMessage = text.substring(0, offset + 1)
		window.status = partialMessage
		offset++
		timerID = setTimeout("showBanner()", speed)
		bannerRunning = true
	} else {
		offset = 0
		currentMessage++
		if (currentMessage == ar.length)
			currentMessage = 0
		timerID = setTimeout("showBanner()", pause)
		bannerRunning = true
	}
}
// -->
	</SCRIPT>
Script number 2
onLoad = "startBanner();"
insert this into the body tag and it will work .
For more queries please mail me at rohanramanath@gmail.com
Dean :: Solutions4u Enterprises

#2 uroojjj

uroojjj

Newbie [ Level 2 ]

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

cant get the effect... i m just getting onLoad = "startBanner();" in my browser

#3 levimage

levimage

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Photography, Audio, Computers, Games, Movies, Music
  • myCENTs:50.39

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

I'll give this a try... Might be good for a copyright notice for created work posted on a site. Do you have anything or know how to create anything that does not allow right-clicking and saving of an image or something like clicking on a thumb nail on a contact sheet (photo index of thumbnails) and when you click on a thumbnail a popup window will appear (compatible with all browsers) with an image the size of the image resolution and not allow saving page or right-clicking? An no caching on the client PC. Or if the do right click and save they just get the thumbnail rather than the original image/photo.

That would be cool and something I'd be interested in experimenting with. :mellow:

#4 toby

toby

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

cant get the effect... i m just getting onLoad = "startBanner();" in my browser

Replace the <body> with <body onLoad="startBanner()">

I'll give this a try... Might be good for a copyright notice for created work posted on a site. Do you have anything or know how to create anything that does not allow right-clicking and saving of an image or something like clicking on a thumb nail on a contact sheet (photo index of thumbnails) and when you click on a thumbnail a popup window will appear (compatible with all browsers) with an image the size of the image resolution and not allow saving page or right-clicking? An no caching on the client PC. Or if the do right click and save they just get the thumbnail rather than the original image/photo.

That would be cool and something I'd be interested in experimenting with. :mellow:

No caching on the client is impossible, to see something it must be downloaded. That fact makes all the rest impossible in any worthwhile sense.

#5 levimage

levimage

Premium Member

• [HOSTED]
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Photography, Audio, Computers, Games, Movies, Music
  • myCENTs:50.39

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

No caching on the client is impossible, to see something it must be downloaded. That fact makes all the rest impossible in any worthwhile sense.

I know. Someone can just go to C:\Documents and Settings\ceba\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\!@#$%^. I did this one time cause I wanted a picture and it worked. You can also pull up email, online database info, etc. Usually the browser has to be offline.

I was curious some sites don't show this information when your offline. I was wondering how they do this. I believe it is a page showing another outside page which may or may not have frames or something. I think i query's your browser or does something having to do with the session or cookie. Do you know what I mean.

#6 toby

toby

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

Along with cookies, the server can tell the browser not to cache it. I'm not entirely sure how this goes, but it's something like it still downloads it, but always goes online to the original website for a new version.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users