Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  yordan : (14 April 2014 - 05:28 PM) By The Way, This Could Be An Interesting Subject For A Topic, What About Posting This Question? Let's See If Other People Have The Same Feeling Concerning Bootlists!
@  yordan : (13 April 2014 - 09:36 AM) Boot Order : Cd, [Usb,] Hard Drive :D
@  yordan : (11 April 2014 - 07:23 PM) I Simply Let The Bios Do That
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:23 AM) Is It Possible To Launch Fedora Live Cd Or Installation Disk From Hard Drive On Windows Platform Using Grub Mbr File.
@  Ritesh : (11 April 2014 - 10:21 AM) No U Are Not.. Btw.. I Have Question For You.
@  yordan : (10 April 2014 - 08:02 AM) You Are Partially Right.
I Was Not.
Nevertheless, I Am Again :)
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) :P
@  Ritesh : (09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM) I Think U R Not..
@  yordan : (09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM) I'm The Master Of The Shoutbox!
@  yordan : (05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM) He-He
@  Ritesh : (04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) Ha Ha Ha ....
@  yordan : (04 April 2014 - 11:15 AM) Welcome Back, Starscream!
@  yordan : (03 April 2014 - 02:31 PM) And I Hope That He Will Come Back Soon :)
@  yordan : (01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM) Nice, Ritesh Came, I'm Not Home Alone Today.
@  Ritesh : (01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM) Oh!!! Poor Dear Yordan..
@  yordan : (31 March 2014 - 10:02 AM) I'm A Poor Lonesome Cow-Boy
@  yordan : (27 March 2014 - 02:22 PM) He Is Unpatient Due To His Patients!
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) :(
@  Ritesh : (27 March 2014 - 10:46 AM) He Is Busy With His Patients.
@  yordan : (26 March 2014 - 08:12 PM) Ahsani, Where Are You?

Photo
- - - - -

Cms Design Problem - Dynamic Vs Static Content Keyword availibility for search and ad-e

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vyoma

Vyoma

Cosmic Overlord

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, RPG, Guitar, Bikes (riding, specifically riding bullet), Sketching, Painting
  • myCENTs:45.66

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

CMS Design problem - dynamic Vs static content - Keyword availibility for search and ad-engines

Here is the problem I am facing. I want method so that context sensitive ads can be put on my webpages.

I am on my way to create my own simple CMS. The basic structure is that, I would be using CSS for presentation. The database would be holding the content. I would use the PHP to fetch the content from database and then show the HTML to any requests that come.

Now, if I plan to put it up as a dynamic serving pages, the context sensitve ads may not be able to home in on the keywords. For example, I contacted Google Adsense people, and they said that Adsense would not be able to parse the dyanamicaly generated html page properly to serve the adspace from their inventory. They adviced me to have static pages of HTML.

Come to think of it, if it cannot be seen properly by the ad-engines, I think it would not be parsed easily by the search-engines either. It would be like commiting a web-hara-kiri interms of page ranks. I would be designing the death, right into the inception of my website.

How can I incorparate this into the already designed system I have? The overall structure of my design can be seen in the following picture:
Posted Image

Can any of you think, how I should proceed with the design here? How should I put it into the design so that it can be parsed by ad-engines and search engines alike?

#2 unimatrix

unimatrix

Premium Member

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

CMS Design problem - dynamic Vs static content - Keyword availibility for search and ad-engines

Here is the problem I am facing.  I want method so that context sensitive ads can be put on my webpages.

I am on my way to create my own simple CMS.  The basic structure is that, I would be using CSS for presentation.  The database would be holding the content.  I would use the PHP to fetch the content from database and then show the HTML to any requests that come.

Now, if I plan to put it up as a dynamic serving pages, the context sensitve ads may not be able to home in on the keywords.  For example, I contacted Google Adsense people, and they said that Adsense would not be able to parse the dyanamicaly generated html page properly to serve the adspace from their inventory.  They adviced me to have static pages of HTML.

Come to think of it, if it cannot be seen properly by the ad-engines, I think it would not be parsed easily by the search-engines either.  It would be like commiting a web-hara-kiri interms of page ranks.  I would be designing the death, right into the inception of my website.

How can I incorparate this into the already designed system I have?  The overall structure of my design can be seen in the following picture:
Posted Image

Can any of you think, how I should proceed with the design here?  How should I put it into the design so that it can be parsed by ad-engines and search engines alike?

View Post

Some CMS systems create .html static output pages. I know with Drupel with the "search friendly" settting on that it creates static pages. Then if you edit it, then it generates a new static page at the same spot. So that is an idea you might want to explore.

Although if you look at many forums, the'll have adsense ads that are displayed that advertise Macs if the topic is apple related, etc.

#3 Vyoma

Vyoma

Cosmic Overlord

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, RPG, Guitar, Bikes (riding, specifically riding bullet), Sketching, Painting

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

On a vague note, I did explore the idea of having the CMS system output a static HTML page. Yes, I would agree that it is a novel idea. I have seen that happen on the Google Blogster systems. I do not know if it stores the data in database, but once we have entered a post, we need to do a 'publishing' that outputs HTML pages. Thanks for bringing that out and making it clear.

But, with that in place, would there not be a kind of unneeded redundancy in the system. I mean, there would be the content in the database, and there would be the same as HTML pages. I know, if there is no other meathod, I would go for this option itself.

Keeping this aside, is there anyother meathod anyone of you can think of?

#4 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

For one thing - usually, dynamically generated pages contain a lot of variables in the URL, something like:

www.somedomain.com/somepage.php?id=x&page=y&section=abcd

That's what both Ad engines and Search engines hate like anything causing them to avoid such pages like plague.

One easy alternative would be to take advantage of Apache's MOD_REWRITE module, to serve the web-pages in such a manner that they appear as static content to the Search & Ad Spiders alike. Take for example this forum itself - it uses mod_rewrite to it's fullest to generate what is known as SEF or Search Engine Friendly URLs.

While in reality the pages are still dynamically generated by the forum software, when you view them in your browser, the URL appears to be that of a static page as shown in your address bar. This is the doing of mod_rewrite.

About the exact process you'll find plenty of articles on the net - just google for mod_rewrite and search engine freindly url.

Invision Power Board has a module called FURL or Friendly URL, which can be downloaded from invisionize.com. You can study the php code and get an idea how this is done. It's not a very complicated process actually - although my limited knowhow doesn't permit me to get into an indepth discussion. That would be OpaQue's speciality.

#5 Vyoma

Vyoma

Cosmic Overlord

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

Apache's MOD_REWRITE module, you say.
Hmmm... is it available here at AstaHost? It surely looks like it is worth a try.

May be at first, I would go about serving pages in the earier method, and then by that time, I would have learned this method and then start using it.

So, is this module available here in AstaHost, and how would my luck go at OpaQue reading this thread?

#6 miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

PsYcheDeLiC dR3aMeR

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Magic Tricks, Numismatics & Philately to some extent, Being a nuisance in general (that's my favourite)
  • myCENTs:NEGATIVE[-21.50]

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Yup - mod_rewrite is pretty much at work. Our board gives you a live demo of it and in case you're using IPB or any other forum software that supports the SEF URLs, then you can generate them from your own hosting account to with the help of mod_rewrite.

My advise would be for you to get your CMS up and working with dynamic pages first. Get all your units to work in harmonious conjunction - only then start delving into the mod_rewrite issue - coz I can assure you it's gonna take you just a day or two to get the static url generation working. It's the CMS part that's going to take you for the real ride :)

#7 Vyoma

Vyoma

Cosmic Overlord

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for that piece of advice, miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (Did I put all the caps and small right? :)).

Yes, I am putting much of effort in designing the CMS. Even though, I plan for it to be very basic, I want it to be very stable and robust. So, it is taking a long time, but I hope, I do not get desperate and start rushing things up.

:P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users