Online Game Development In Game Maker
Discussion by little0run with 7 Replies.
Last Update: January 29, 2010, 8:19 pm
First of all I have a few questions for you regarding your preference on connecting.
1. Do you like a IP/TCP, Serial Connection, Modem Connection, or DLX? Why do you think it's the best?
2. Do you use Direct Connet (Mplay), or a Socket System (like GMSock)? What is you logic for this?
3. How do you dead-reckon for games that involve a moving object?
4. Do you prefer sending garaunteed messages or not garuanteed but faster messages, how do you decide on when to use each transmittion?
2. GMSock, because MPlay is less safe and my father always wants the most safe-system so...
3. ???????????????? Don't understand the question ????????????????????
4. I always use guaranteed messages, unless it takes to much time.
greetingz, -= Me =-
Warbird, dead-reckoning is where you write your script to geuss where a moving object should be at any given point if the data sent from one end doesn't transmit clearly, or breaks up somewhere.
I don't think it'll be too hard, just need to make sure it's drawing perfectly...
OK, well I'm off to go work on my game.
to make a mmorpg you are going need the following things
A SERVER running:
knowledge in php
knowledge in gml
also you may need the user to play with sockets :(
its best to use a server which is owned by another companie that provides access to it. As using your own server will eat your internet connection it must be running 24/7 and general will be a pain as it will constantly want maintenance.
DO NOT USE A FREE ONE they will not serve php/mysql and will use your page like a advertising billboard. Make sure they give at least 10gb of space php/mysql (with at least 50 databases) I found a service that offered unlimeted mysql databases 750Gb of space and 7500gb of traffic/month for only SO DO NOT PAY 0/M FOR IT-reply by BBQROAST
|A Great Idea For This Forum (7)||(9) Game (add Your Code/ideas) This is where everyone can add their...|