Welcome to AstaHost - Dear Guest , Please Register here to get Your own website. - Ask a Question / Express Opinion / Reply w/o Sign-Up!
Replying to Favourite Bands
Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:40 PM
Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:36 AM
Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:11 PM
Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:15 PM
Linkin Park is a band you can just jam to and its actually fun listening to them. Same thing with Hit The Lights, check them out if you have the time. I have been listening to them nonstop this summer.
Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:55 AM
Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:11 PM
My favorite bands are:
~>My Chemical Romance
~>30 Seconds to Mars
~>Guns and Roses
~>Fall Out Boy
~>Jimmy Eat World
~>3 Doors Down
~>Red Hot Chili Peppers
Basically ROCK, PUNK ROCK, METAL (:
Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:37 PM
Well lately I have been listening to a fair bit of Techno, Dance and Trance variants etc but my always favourite band is the "Beastie Boys".
Some of you might remeber their Intergalatic song with the three guys in orange suits and a big robot roming around the streets heh heh.
Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:26 PM
- Alkaline Trio - One of my favorite bands at the moment. Their music just really moves me, and can really put me into a right state of mind. Listen to Sadie by them.
- Fall Out Boy - I can't get their songs out of my head! I listen mainly to From Under the Cork Tree.
- Camel - Really great progressive band. I've downloaded their whole discography, but I like The Snow Goose best. And Mirage is also a great album!
- Genesis - Wow! Can't say enough about how good these guys are! Especially Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound! They manage to play progressive music, without trying to show off or stand out... just beautiful IMHO.
- Dream Theater - One of my all time faves. Even though my music teachers hate their guts, I still like the diversity of their music. They've got some really metal-esque riffs, yet some really beautiful melodies. They are show-offs though... I own Awake, but I have the rest of their discography on my computer.
- Jimmy Eat World - Beautiful emo band! I own Bleed American, and you should too!
- The Smashing Pumpkins - I actually only have (that is, I inherited from my brother) Siamese Twins, but I can't stop listening to it.
- lostprophets - I own both The Fake Sound of Progress and Start Something, but the latter was scratched and I had to download a legal backup version.
- Porcupine Tree - Wow! There's just something so wonderful about this band! I downloaded In Absentia and Deadwing.
- Coldplay - They have some songs that you can easily classify in one word: beautiful. Just plain beautiful! Really catchy, passionate, yet simple and minimalistic music! I borrowed and ripped their whole discography from various friends.
- Alter Bridge - PASSION like I've never heard before!
- Alien Ant Farm - An OK band, not that much of a favorite, but I own truANT and have ANThology borrowed from a friend.
- Crash Test Dummies - I inherited from my brother their album God Shuffled His Feet, which contains their most well-known single, Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, Mmm (which I'm actually listening to right now). The song and the rest of the album remind me a bit of the simplicity of Coldplay, and it's a really great and soothing listening experience!
- 3 Doors Down - Rock-and-roll at its best. I downloaded their whole discography, and I keep on listening to it.
- Radiohead - I've never really gotten past The Bends and O.K. Computer, but I adore what I have heard. Their song Fake Plastic Trees is one of the best 100 songs (according the Rolling Stones).
- Green Day - I own their whole discography, used to really like them, but now I like them less.
- Feeder - I own Echo Park, and it's a really great album.
- Death Cab for Cutie - I can't stop listening to Transatlanticism, especially the title song! It's probably my favorite song ATM!
- Foo Fighters - Only recently started listening to them after borrowing a CD from my friend (The Color and the Shape), but I've been hooked on them ever since!
- Gentle Giant - I downloaded a few CDs (notably, for me, Octopus), and I really love a few songs, but hate a few others.
- Hoobastank - Great band! I listen to them a lot.
- Millencolin - Cool punk band with a few really outrageously good songs, and the rest are mediocre and up.
- Muse - In the league of Radiohead and Coldplay, only a bit more heavy.
- Nickelback - I own Silver Side Up, and I love it a lot, but The Long Road is a bit too old-school for my taste. Haven't heard their newest album yet, except for Photograph.
- Nightwish - Kinda running sick of them as of lately, but I used to listen to Once quite a lot!
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - My band mates really got me hooked on them! I own a few albums from them, but I have no idea where they are (except By The Way which is right here next to me). I have only heard a few songs from Stadium Arcadium at a friend's, but I'm greatly anticipating it to finish downloading here!
- The Alan Parsons Project - I'm hooked on The Turn of a Friendly Card, and I also own it on vinyl.
- The Who - I love everything to do with Tommy!! I have the DVD of the movie and the CD with the music. I love the movie as a movie, but the changes they made to the music there, and most of the new singers (except maybe Elton John, Tina Turner and Paul Nicholas) are inferior to the album in my opinion.
- Unwritten Law - Great band! I got to know them through the Need for Speed Undergound 2 soundtrack.
- Wheatus - I own their self-titled album, which includes the hit single Teenage Dirtbag, but the rest of it is also really cool!
- Yellow Card - Really great punk band! Especially on the album Ocean Avenue (catch a glimpse of the song, View from Heaven)...
Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:54 AM
Suicidal Tendencies, Indigo Girls, Ani DiFranco, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Staind, Disturbed, Eminem, Incubus, System of the Down, Metallica, The Beatles, and The Monkees.
Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:43 PM
Altaria, Sonata Arctica, HIM, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden.
They're the main ones... I seem to like Finnish bands quite a bit, except Night Wish